Richland, WA (June 10, 2015) -- Imagine if you could take your favorite vintage dirt pedal, improve the build quality, put it in a smaller box, use higher quality components (but keep the vintage mojo NOS parts), give it a powerful 3-band EQ with a sweepable midrange, and top it off with a pop-free, soft-touch, true-bypass, relay switching system. What you would have is the EQ’d Vintage Series from Big Tone Music Brewery.
- 8 vintage dirt circuits flawlessly recreated to sound exactly like the originals: The Classic Overdrive, British Overdrive, Gray Box Overdrive, Classic Distortion, Classic Germanium Fuzz, Classic Silicon Fuzz, American Ram Fuzz, and American Triangle Fuzz.
- The finest quality components used throughout, with NOS vintage components used in the places where it matters.
- 3-band EQ with sweepable (parametric) midrange allows you to voice your favorite vintage stompbox in ways you’ve never been able to before.
- Concentric EQ knobs keep it small and easy to use.
- Pop-free, true-bypass relay switching is activated by a soft-touch foot switch.
- All through-hole and panel-mounted components assembled entirely by hand in our shop in Richland, WA. No surface-mount or PC-mounted components.
These pedals were designed by Keith Vonderhulls, owner of Build Your Own Clone (BYOC). Our first goal with the EQ’d Vintage Series was to create a series of pedals that sound exactly like the originals that they are based on, but are superior in every other way, namely superior components, superior build quality, and less noise. Our second goal was to give guitar players tonal options and flexibility without making them overly complicated. The obvious answer was to give them an incredibly powerful, yet simple EQ.
For more information:
Big Tone Music Brewery