The Windmiller Preamp pedal is a faithful recreation of the Grampian Reverberation Type Unit 636 built-in preamp, which was used as a tool by The Who’s Pete Townshend between ’66 and ’67 to fatten his legendary tone and boost the guitar signal to saturate his amps.
The result is a versatile pedal that can be used as an 'always on' preamp with a beautiful color, a booster for solo parts, or a tool to make tube amps saturate and enhance their natural overdrive.
- Based on the preamp of the Grampian Reverberation Unit Type 636, S/N: 1138
- Hi. Cut and Lo. Cut tone shaping controls for maximum versatility.
- Suitable for Guitar, Bass and Keys
- Includes the overload indicator lamp as the original Grampian 636 does.
- Improved and quieter circuit including true bypass switching.
- Custom enclosure designed to match Smart Track® pedalboards.