Brewerton, NY (September 22, 2010) -- FEA Labs is very pleased to announce the Dual Band Distortion as the latest pedal to their lineup. The Dual Band Distortion combines two very popular classic distortion tones, plus an octave distortion (full wave rectifier), in a dual band configuration. Add to that a compliment of tone controls, adjustable crossover frequency, dry signal blend, and a distortion band bypass feature to complete an extensive pallet of available distortion tones.
The incoming guitar or bass signal is divided into two bands of frequencies, each with its own distortion type. The frequency at which the low band ends and high band begins is user selectable via the crossover frequency control. As an additional feature, either the high or low band distortion can be bypassed to mix the clean (undistorted) signal in the selected frequency band while the other band continues to provide distortion.
The low band offers a classic hard clipping distortion tone using germanium diodes in a unique asymmetrical configuration which adds even order harmonics to the tone. The tone shaping options include the standard drive, (output) level, passive tone control, octave blend, and dry level blend. The octave (full wave rectifier) distortion control acts as a cross fader between the octave distortion and the clean low signal before the hard clipping distortion stage. The dry signal blend control does as the name suggests and adds dry (unprocessed) signal from the low band, which is very beneficial for use with a bass guitar to preserve the full and natural low-end tone of the instrument.
The high band delivers an overdrive distortion tone utilizing two audiophile quality FET (field effect transistor) amplifiers. This application of FET amplifiers results in a smooth (tube-like) overdrive distortion tone that reacts to the style of the player and the way they attack the strings. Along with the standard drive and (output) level controls, the overdrive distortion also includes an active two band cut / boost EQ with controls for mids and highs.
• Small footprint design: 4.5” by 3.5”
• Activation footswitch (stomp switch) with direct bypass when the pedal is not active
• Dual band configuration with drive and level controls on each
• Three blend-able distortion types (hard clipping, octave, & overdrive)
• Adjustable crossover frequency control
• Passive tone on the low distortion & active two band EQ on the high overdrive
• Dry signal level blend on the low band
• Distortion bypass band selection switch
• Distortion bypass band activation footswitch (stomp switch)
• 18 volt circuitry powered by a 9 volt battery or standard 9 volt DC adapter
Special Introductory Price: $245.00 USD + S&H (plus tax if shipped within New York State)
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Premier Blogs