Westgate Village, CA (December 3, 2012) -- Strymon has released details on their latest pedal: the Mobius. The Mobius is a powerful modulation machine that packs 12 different mod effects: chorus, flanger, rotary, vibe, phaser, filter, formant, vintage trem, pattern trem, autoswell, destroyer, and quadrature. Here are the details from Strymon:
Some might say we're driven. When our engineers lock themselves in our sound design labs for months on end, you might say we're obsessed. We have been dedicating ourselves to forging a collection of the most organic, luscious, expressive, and versatile modulation effects ever heard. It was an enormous mission—we painstakingly studied the nuances of the legendary modulations from the last five decades. We didn't stop at faithfully capturing these warm and lush vintage sounds—we expanded their vocabulary with extended versatility and sonic possibilities never before heard.
Mobius gives you twelve legendary, versatile, and inspirational modulation machines, all in an easy-to-use package. Go from lush, mouthwatering, vintage chorus sounds all the way to syrupy psychedelic phasers. Get classic, pulsating tremolos all the way to warbling crushed bits. Mobius opens up the history books of music and provides new sounds and inspiration for all of your musical ideas.
We knew we must surpass what has been done—in sound design, audio quality, hardware design, and processing power. Utilizing an insanely powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of power is harnessed. Top it all off with 200 presets, full MIDI implementation and a unique Pre/Post Mode and you're on your way to modulation ecstasy.
- 200 Built-In Presets: Mobius gives you the option to instantly save and recall up to 200 of your own presets. Easily bank up or down through your presets using the front panel switches. Give each preset its own custom name to appear on the display. You can even select presets via an external MIDI controller.
- Expression Pedal Control: Plug in an expression pedal and control any knob or combination of knobs, all saveable per preset. Or plug in an external momentary Tap switch for remote control of your LFO Speed.
- Assignable Knobs: Do you like to tweak some knobs more than others? Mobius gives you the ability to assign custom parameters to the two Param knobs on the front panel, all saveable per preset.
- Pre/Post Mode: Switch to the Pre/Post Mode and now you can place your Mobius in two different locations in your mono signal chain, without having to rewire your pedalboard! Want to run Mobius before your distortion box for one song and after the distortion for another? Easy! No rewiring necessary.
- Extensive MIDI Support: Have a more complex rig? Mobius offers a complete MIDI implementation to connect to your MIDI gear. Sync your LFO time to MIDI clock. Remote control of any knob, parameter, or switch. Select your presets via MIDI.
Watch Strymon's video demo:
For more information: