Horrothia Effects Introduces Teeth Mk2 Overdrive
A refreshed and take on the company’s Teeth discrete opamp overdrive.
Teeth Mk2 is designed to offer increased control and flexibility in a boost/overdrive pedal, giving your clean amp grit and presence, without entering into traditional distortion territory even with controls at maximum.
Like its predecessor, Teeth Mk2 features a parallel, mixed dry/wet signal path, a variable clipping shape control, twin discrete opamps for high-frequency clarity, and super high-quality components. The Teeth Mk2 features five knobs for controlling your guitar tone: Gain Stage, Clipping, Saturation, Breath, and Volume.
Teeth has two sides, a very transparent dry side, and an 'edge of breakup' wet side. These are mixed by the Saturation knob, with full left being clean, and full right being almost only overdrive with a hint of clean. Saturation is also a gain control; as you move to the right, it increases the gain at the same time as changing the blend. The maximum gain is get by the Gain Stage knob, giving you limitless combinations of clean and drive.
The Clipping control changes the shape of the overdrive clipping, from a soft squashy compression to a more squared-off, harder, traditional low-gain drive.
The Breath knob adds an airiness to the upper mid frequencies on the boost side, giving out-of-phase pickup selections some chance to breathe and cut through the mix/bar/bedroom/studio.
Changes from the Teeth Mark 1 to Mark 2 include:
- 9-18V DC input to let the user decide how much headroom they want. The pedal is powered by an external DC source and does not offer a battery compartment.
- A Breath knob has replaced the 2-position switch on the original pedal, allowing continuous control of this unique function.
- Clipping shape control knob is now more intuitive (clockwise = harder clipping).
- Subtly changed overdrive voicing.
The Teeth Mk2 is available worldwide from dealers or direct from Horrothia via their Reverb store. List price is £250.
For more information, please visit horrothia.com.
- Blackstone Appliances Mosfet Overdrive 2S Pedal Review ›
- Great Eastern FX Small Speaker Overdrive Review ›
- MXR Super Badass Dynamic Overdrive Review ›