The second model in Tool guitarist Adam Jones' Les Paul Custom Art Collection is Frank Frazetta's "The Berserker."
Known as the Godfather of fantasy art, acclaimed artist Frank Frazetta was an illustrator of comic books, movie posters and paperback book covers whose visions helped define fantasy heroes like Conan, Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, and more. This guitar displays Frank Frazetta’s masterpiece, “Berserker” on the back of the guitar, artwork on the rear headstock is designed by world-renowned artist Korin Faught. The artwork “Berserker,” also known as “Conan The Conqueror,” was painted by Frazetta in 1968, for the cover of the Conan The Conqueror paperback novel by author Robert E. Howard.
The Epiphone Adam Jones Les Paul Custom Art Collection has a bound mahogany body with a maple cap, a three-piece bound maple neck with an Adam Jones Custom profile, and an ebony fretboard. It is equipped with a reverse-mounted Epiphone ProBucker Custom humbucker in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge; both are wired to CTS potentiometers and Orange Drop capacitors. A Marquee Back Plate with Frank Frazetta’s name and the title of the artwork, “The Berserker” is also included. The guitar is finished in Antique Silverburst as an homage to Adam’s beloved original Silverbust 1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom, a Protector hardshell case is also included.
The Epiphone Adam Jones Art Collection consists of seven, Silverburst Les Paul Custom models, each featuring reproductions of different works of fine art on the back. Adam curated all of the featured artwork, and selected five distinguished artists Mark Ryden, Frank Frazetta, Julie Heffernan, Korin Faught, and Ernst Fuchs for the collection; additional artwork designed by world-renowned artist Korin Faught, adorns the back of the headstock of each model. Only 800 guitars of each model from this unprecedented, extremely limited edition run will be produced.
The Adam Jones Les Paul Custom Art Collection: Frazetta “The Berserker”
The six-week tour will go onsale Sept. 6th.
Los Angeles, CA (August 30, 2019) -- Fear Inoculum, TOOL’s fifth studio album and 2019’s most anticipated release, is available now.
The news arrives as the band announces a six-week North American tour, launching the trek on Oct. 13 at the Aftershock Festival. Tickets are on-sale Sept. 6 at 10 am local time, with a limited number of tickets will be available to Tool Army members on Sept. 4. Tool Army information, as well as VIP package details, can be found via Toolband.com.
- October 13 Sacramento, CA Aftershock Festival
- October 15 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
- October 18 Salt Lake City, UT Vivint Smart Home Arena
- October 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 21 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 23 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena
- October 25 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
- October 27 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- October 29 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
- October 31 Milwaukee, WI Fiserv Forum
- November 2 Indianapolis, IN Banker’s Life Fieldhouse
- November 3 Chicago, IL United Center
- November 6 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- November 8 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
- November 9 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
- November 11 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 12 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 14 Boston, MA TD Garden
- November 16 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
- November 18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- November 19 Brooklyn, NY Barclay’s Center
- November 21 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Casino Arena
- November 22 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
- November 24 Raleigh, NC PNC Arena
- November 25 Washington, DC Capitol One Arena
Fear Inoculum’s release caps off over a decade of speculation and anticipation, with confirmation of the release arriving in May as the band flashed “August 30” from the stage as they performed two new songs: “Descending” and “Invincible.”
For more information:
A sprawling 10-minute opus serves as the title track for the album, which arrives on August 30th.
Los Angeles, CA (August 7, 2019) -- Fear Inoculum, the fifth studio album from TOOL, arrives on Aug. 30 via RCA Records. Stream the album’s title track below.
Continuing their affinity for pushing the boundaries of physical packaging, the GRAMMY Award winning outfit has created a deluxe, limited-edition CD version of Fear Inoculum. The collectible offering, which was conceived by and directed by Adam Jones, features a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2-watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card. Pre-orders for both the special package and digital downloads are available now: https://smarturl.it/TOOLFIa. A vinyl release will be announced soon.
The 85-minute collection was produced by TOOL, with Joe Barresi engineering and mixing the release. Barresi also worked with the band on 10,000 Days.
The song stream and pre-order news arrives as the Los Angeles band recently made several of their previous releases, Opiate, Undertow, Ænima, Lateralus and 10,000 Days, available for the first time on digital service providers. The releases racked up over 20 million streams in the first 48 hours of release, as well as quickly claiming five spots on iTunes’ Top 10 Albums chart.
For more information: