The Warwick Masterbuilt Sklar Bass I is based on the Starbass II Doublecut, and features some special details that Lee Sklar chose for his signature model.
Markneukirchen, Germany (March 24, 2017) -- Lee Sklar is one of the most sought-after American session musicians and has been a Warwick endorser for some time. Lee has been playing a Warwick StarBass Custom Shop Masterbuilt Model, and has worked last year with Marcus Spangler (R & D / Research & Design at Warwick) on his own bass model. The final version was presented at NAMM Show 2017 in Los Angeles.
The Warwick Masterbuilt Sklar Bass I is based on the Starbass II Doublecut, and features some special details that Lee Sklar has chosen for his signature model. The body is, for example, made entirely of solid wood instead of laminated wood.
The back of the body is made of mahogany, with an AAA Flamed Maple Top with special ergonomic shaping for the armrest. The neck is also made from Flamed Maple, with AAA Flamed Maple top matching headstock. The active MEC Vintage single-coil pickups are controlled by an active MEC electronics. A so-called "producer" switch completes, according to Lee Sklar’s wish, the possibilities of this fantastic instrument, which will be available in March 2017, either as a fretted or fretless bass.
Specifications Warwick Custom Shop Masterbuilt Sklar Bass I Signature
- Strings: 4
- Construction: Set-neck
- Fretted Version: Yes
- Fretless: Version: Yes
- Headstock: Matched Headstock Flamed Maple
- Headstock Angle: 11°
- Machine heads: Warwick Machine Heads
- Nut: Warwick Just a Nut III Brass
- Scale Length: 864 mm / 34"
- Fret wire: Warwick Small and flat
- Frets: 21 Small Nickel Silver (W:2mm / H:1mm)
- Fret material: IFT Invisible Fret System
- Fingerboard Wood: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays: No
- Neck Wood: Flamed Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard Warwick
- Fingerboard Radius: 20"/ 502mm
- Neck Thickness at 1st Fret: 19.5
- Neck Thickness at 12th Fret: 24mm
- Nut Width: 38.5mm
- Width Neck 12. Fret: 54mm
- Body wood: AAA" Flamed Maple Top with Flamed Maple arm support / Mahogany back
- Pickguard: None
- Binding: 2mm Creme with 0.5mm inner binding
- Neck Pickup: active MEC Vintage Single coil
- Bridge Pickup: active MEC Vintage Single coil
- Electronics: active MEC 2 way electronic with Producer switch
- Layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Bass / Treble
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Knobs
- Switch: Producer Switch with no function
- Bridge System: 2-piece solid Brass Warwick Bridge
- Hardware color: Chrome
- Hardware color: Black
- Hardware color: Gold
- Strap Locks: Warwick Security locks
- String gauge: EMP Strings, 045";065";085";105"
- Packing: Handmade Genuine Leather Bag by Rockbag® (RB 20211 B W)
- Finish Body: High Polish
- Finish Neck: Satin Finish
- Fretboard: Polished
- RRP: from ca. Euro 8.439,00
For international pricing please contact your local distributor or dealer.
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: