Montreal, Canada (November 6, 2015) -- The Horizon is a retro style optical compressor designed to deliver silky smooth compression with a blossoming release. An optical compressor relies on a photocell and LED or light source to control the dynamic range of the input signal. As the input signal increases the intensity of the LED, the photocell decreases gain thus creating compression. As the level of the input signal decreases, the gain of the amplifier stage is increased creating a sustaining effect.
The Horizon uses a buffered JFET input, low noise transistors and IC, and a selected optocoupler to deliver everything from subtle compression to heavy squash. Perfect for both guitar and bass applications, the Horizon can be used to add subtle body or blooming sustain all while maintaining a natural treble response that ensures a lively present guitar or bass tone with excellent transparency.
- High impedance JFET input stage & low noise operation.
- Vintage style optical circuit for smoother compression.
- Attack and Comp controls to dial in the attack and release/sustain of the compressor.
- Perfectly suited for guitar, bass and keys.
- True Bypass Switching
- 9V DC Input, battery operation is also possible.
- Dimensions: 4.39" x 2.34" x 1.06" (112 x 60 x 27mm)
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: