Slipstream - Mahogany body. Two P-90 pickups.
Dynamo - Alder or mahogany body. Two pickups: Humbuckers, P-90s or single + hum.
Stackpole - Alder body. Three single coil pickups.
Portland, OR (January 7, 2012) - M-tone Guitars will be launching at the NAMM Show. Owner/builder Matt Proctor will be introducing the three electric guitar models, the Slipstream, the Dynamo and the Stackpole. M-tones are designed to have super long sustain and are very punchy and articulate with great note separation.
Matt designs and hand builds a limited number of electric guitars each year in his Portland, Oregon workshop. Matt trained as a sculptor and spent over 15 years making large-scale works out of steel, wood, and cast metals before turning his attention to guitar design.
Features of M-tone Guitars
• No two guitars are exactly alike: built by hand from lumber selection to ﬁnal setup
• Every neck is hand carved
• Perfectly balanced, innovative body shapes with compound curve cutaways
• One-of-a-kind ﬁnishes in environmentally agreeable water-based lacquer
• 16-gauge steel pickguards individually surfaced to complement the ﬁnish of each guitar
• Strategically laid out aluminum position markers
• Jackbite shape shelters the input jack and works equally well with straight or angled plugs
• Top notch electronics and hardware sourced from small US companies
• Wood, steel, brass and bone components, but no plastic
Pricing and Ordering
M-tone's start at $2,500 with $100 up charge. Each guitar comes standard with hard case or Mono Case gig bag.
For more information: