The Metheny-Manzer Signature 6 features the same craftsmanship of the original model including:
- German Spruce Top/Indian Rosewood Back and Sides
- Ebony Fingerboard, Bridge, Peghead Plate
- Pearl Engraved Banner with Black Pearl Inlays spilling down the fingerboard based on artwork by Pat Metheny
- The "Manzer Wedge" (originally designed for the Pat Metheny Pikasso guitar)
- Copper Neck Side Markers with Phosphorescent Center featuring a Diamond 7th Fret Side Dot
- Ebony Binding
- Thumb Rest/Neck Groove
Metheny gladly accredits Manzer with opening doors he never knew were there. "Linda has crafted almost 20 instruments for me over these years, and each one has opened a new set of sonic possibilities for me to explore. She has become one of my most important collaborators," said Metheny.
Metheny fondly remembers first receiving that guitar in his hands over 25 years ago.
"The first guitar Linda made for me a was a beautiful steel 6-string. I was immediately hooked," said Metheny. The "Linda 6" made it's debuted on Metheny's "Lonely Woman" featured on theRejoicingalbum. "That tune just sparkles because of that instrument. She made me that one guitar, which I totally fell in love with and have used almost every night ever since."
Art isn't just made by musicians. And in Manzer's perspective, she believes that the artistic inspiration flows both ways between luthier and guitarist.
"From my hands to his hands magic has been made," said Manzer. "Pat inspired me to explore beyond anything I thought possible in the guitar and was right there supporting me in every way to do so. An artist could not ask for a greater gift than that."
For more info: