Lowertown Guitar Festival Announces 2013 Lineup
Scott Henderson, Marc Ribot, Greg Koch, and Pat Donohue are among the headliners for the 2013 Lowertown Guitar Festival.
St. Paul, MN (July 29 00, 2013) -- McNally Smith College of Music is honored to host the first-ever Lowertown Guitar Festival — a free day of live music happening Saturday, August 10th 2013 in Mears Park, downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. As a proud partner in many other major music events (Twin Cities Jazz Festival, Lowertown Roots Music Festival, Concrete and Grass), McNally Smith is excited to bring the new Lowertown Guitar Festival to the diverse summer programming taking place in the heart of Saint Paul’s vibrant arts district.
Support for the Lowertown Guitar Festival 2013 comes from St. Paul Cultural STAR, the Lowertown Future Fund of the St. Paul Foundation, McNally Smith College of Music, MN Guitar Society, Willie’s American Guitars, Electro-Voice, Fender Musical Instruments, Martin Guitars, Real-Phonic Radio Hour, Capitol Guitars and Summit Brewing.
Guitar-centric Fest Features An Array of Guitarists and Styles
Unlike other music festivals that often cater to a specific genre, the Lowertown Guitar Festival celebrates one of America’s most beloved instruments — guitar — and the artists who play it. The festival promises something for all tastes, with an eclectic line-up featuring six-string virtuosos such as:
- Scott Henderson of seminal jazz fusion group Tribal Tech
- Marc Ribot who has worked with everyone from Elvis Costello to Tom Waits to T-Bone Burnett
- Accomplished Fender clinician Greg Koch
- National Fingerpicking Guitar Champion and Prairie Home Companion regular Pat Donohue
- Beloved St. Paul-based singer/songwriter and guitar tech extraordinaire Molly Maher will be on hand to emcee the festivities
For more information
Lowertown Guitar Festival