The acoustic song is taken from the final scene of his acclaimed new feature-length documentary, Between Me and My Mind.
(August 23, 2019) -- Directed by Steven Cantor, Between Me and My Mind is a deep, intimate look into the mind of Anastasio and captures him as he works through some of his most personal song ideas to date, placing his relationships with friends and family at its core. At the same time, the film also shows the musician preparing for one of Phish’s legendary New Year’s Eve shows at Madison Square Garden, culminating with an exhilarating, elaborately produced moment when the clock strikes midnight.
Hailed by Variety as a “highly compelling rock doc,” Between Me and My Mind had its sold out world premiere earlier this year at the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival. Global event distributor Trafalgar Releasing, Stick Figure Studios, Believe Entertainment, and Live Nation Productions then presented the film on July 17 for one night only in more than 500 theaters nationwide. It reached the #1 spot for films showing on fewer than 1,000 screens, and also debuted at #9 for its overall box office performance.
In addition to releasing “Sunset Days,” Anastasio recently announced an upcoming solo acoustic tour that will culminate in a sold-out two night stand at New York City’s renowned Carnegie Hall on October 29 and 30. The tour gets underway October 15 with a sold out show at Geneva, NY’s Smith Opera House with additional tour highlights including a sold out performance at Nashville, TN’s Ryman Auditorium (October 27).
Prior to the tour, Anastasio will be among the featured performers on an upcoming installment of Live From Here with Chris Thile, set for New York City’s Town Hall on Saturday, October 12. Now sold out, the live radio show will also include performances from The Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis.
Tonight, Trey Anastasio Band (TAB) will headline LOCKN’ Festival, with special guest Derek Trucks joining the band for an exclusive second set collaboration. Anastasio will return the favor on Saturday, August 24, teaming with Tedeschi Trucks Band for another special second set. The event will be livestreaming for free.
Upcoming Tour Dates:
- 8/23 – LOCKN’ Festival – Arrington, VA *
- 9/21 – Bourbon & Beyond – Louisville, KY *
- 10/12 – Town Hall – New York, NY ** SOLD OUT
- 10/15 – Smith Opera House – Geneva, NY # SOLD OUT
- 10/16 – Victoria Theatre – Dayton, OH # SOLD OUT
- 10/18 – Riverside Theater – Milwaukee, WI # SOLD OUT
- 10/19 – State Theatre – Minneapolis, MN #
- 10/21 – The Pablo Center at the Confluence – Eau Claire, WI #
- 10/23 – Palace Theatre – Canton, OH #
- 10/25 – Michigan Theater – Ann Arbor, MI # SOLD OUT
- 10/26 – Murat Theatre at Old National Centre – Indianapolis, IN #
- 10/27 – Ryman Auditorium – Nashville, TN # SOLD OUT
- 10/29 – Carnegie Hall – New York, NY # SOLD OUT
- 10/30 – Carnegie Hall – New York, NY # SOLD OUT
* Trey Anastasio Band – FESTIVAL PERFORMANCE
** Live From Here with Chris Thile
# “An Acoustic Evening with Trey Anastasio”
- 8/30 – Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO – SOLD OUT
- 8/31 – Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO – SOLD OUT
- 9/1 – Dick’s Sporting Goods Park – Commerce City, CO – SOLD OUT
- 11/29 – Dunkin’ Donuts Center – Providence, RI
- 11/30 – Dunkin’ Donuts Center – Providence, RI
- 12/1 – Nassau Coliseum – Uniondale, NY
- 12/4 – Peterson Event Center – Pittsburgh, PA
- 12/6 – North Charleston Coliseum – Charleston, SC
- 12/7 – North Charleston Coliseum – Charleston, SC
- 12/8 – North Charleston Coliseum – Charleston, SC
For more information: