The Spectra delivers cool retro looks, classic tone and modern top-shelf hardware and construction.
Bradenton, FL (June 1, 2011) -- The Black Mesa Spectra draws on the distinctive styling cues of the late '50s and early '60s when the world stood on the threshold of space and the future was filled with promises of flying cars, personal robots and self-cleaning houses. Equipped with hand-wound Sheptone pickups (stock setup is a P-90 at the neck and Tele in the bridge) and featuring the company's 24-fret TorsionLogic neck system, the Spectra delivers cool retro looks, classic tone and modern top-shelf hardware and construction.
The first Spectra is available for sale on Black Mesa Guitar's website.
- Body: chambered aniegre
- Top: 1-piece claro walnut
- Pickguard: vinateg pearl
- Neck: 25.5" scale TorsionLogic curly maple
- Fretboard: Jatoba
- Frets: nickel-silver medium
- Pickups: neck-Sheptone P-90; bridge Sheptone Tele
- Controls: 3-way selector, volume, tone
- Hardware: chrome steel Tele bridge with stainless saddles, chrome Steinberger tuners, chrome Dunlop Flush Mount Strap Locks
- MSRP: $2399 as shown, including hardshell case
specs subject to change
Black Mesa Guitars
Source: Press Release