Gretsch honors the late AC/DC co-founder, guitarist, and songwriter with an all-new signature guitar, Limited Edition Malcolm Young “Red Beast” Signature Jet.
Malcolm and Gretsch have a storied relationship and this new Signature Jet pays tribute to Malcolm’s famous 1963 Gretsch Jet Firebird 6131, aka “The Beast”. Designed in consultation with Malcolm’s nephew, Stevie Young, this Signature Jet reflects the earliest iteration of Malcolm’s famed guitar used in early AC/DC performances and music videos, including “It’s a Long Way to The Top,” before eventually making his own mods and stripping the top.
For over forty years, Malcolm’s riffs have inspired generations of rock and metal guitarists. Today, Gretsch honors the late AC/DC co-founder, guitarist, and songwriter with an all-new signature guitar: the G6131G-MY-RB Limited Edition Malcolm Young “Red Beast” Signature Jet.
- 2”-deep double-cutaway chambered mahogany body with maple top
- TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity bridge, TV Jones® Starwood humbucker middle and TV Jones® Ray Butts Ful-Fidelity neck pickups
- Individual pickup volume controls, master volume, three-position pickup toggle switch, three-position tone switch and three-position standby switch
- Harmonica-style Adjusto-MaticTM bridge with pinned ebony base
- Available in an aged Vintage Firebird Red finish with black pickguard and aged gold hardware
The Gretsch Limited Malcolm Young Signature "The Beast" Jet | Gretsch Presents | Gretsch Guitars
MSRP: $3399.99. For more information, please visit gretschguitars.com.
Introducing the new Boogie Cabinet Series, comprised of new guitar cabinet offerings and long-time Mesa player favorites.
The Boogie Cabinet Series dates back to the early 1970s when Randall Smith set out to fulfill player requests for extension cabinets matching their Mark I 1x12 and 1x15 open-back combos. The compact size was originally determined by the combo’s dimensions, however as the Mark Series evolved and expanded, so did the extensions. Now players have more options than ever before. Designed with portability in mind, all Mesa cabinet enclosures are crafted from the finest void-free marine-grade Baltic birch ply and loaded with premium Celestion speakers. Super strong rabbet corners are glued and nailed, and speaker baffles are fitted with superior dado joint construction and braced. Grilles are wrapped around a separate grille board, not the baffle board. Grille material is made of strong twisted jute dipped in a special coating that filters top end for a sweeter response. Each lends its unique character to your tone as a standalone cabinet or an extension for your combo amp.
Mesa/Boogie has remained the original boutique Home of Tone, hand-crafting amplifiers of uncompromising quality from the world’s finest materials in California, USA. Founder Randall Smith instilled basic principles into Mesa such as passion, drive, integrity, and excellence, and his insistence on making the best amplifiers has guided half a century of breakthrough innovations, elevating the amplifier into an instrument in its own right--one with the power to shape and create musical genres. Mesa/Boogie is proud to announce the new Boogie Cabinet Series is available now at authorized Mesa/Boogie dealers.
For more information, please visit mesaboogie.com.
A 2x2 USB-C audio interface for macOS, iOS, and Windows, designed to kickstart any music or content creation project in the studio or on the go.
With BOOM you can record, monitor, and mix through class-leading mic preamps and pristine digital conversion. Capture any source from guitar, keyboard, and percussion, to voice and vocals with legendary Apogee sound quality at 24-bit/192kHz resolution. BOOM is the only interface in its class that lets you fine-tune your input sources with premium built-in hardware DSP FX. Are you a creator on the go? BOOM is powered by your device - just connect BOOM directly to your Mac, iPad Pro, or Windows laptop, and let your ideas flow wherever you go.
For almost four decades, Apogee has been perfecting the art of analog recording in a digital world. BOOM continues that legacy by focusing on the details and premium components - allowing your projects to stand out from the rest.
- BOOM’s conversion stages employ high-end analog to digital and digital to analog conversion components, not low-end codecs.
- All inputs accept a professional-spec maximum input level of +18dBu, ensuring a pristine audio signal even with the loudest sources.
- Mic preamps offer a class-leading 62 dB of gain, for capturing delicate sources with clarity and powering popular microphones like the Shure SM7B BOOM’s zero-ohm headphone output provides an audiophile experience, able to drive even high-impedance “hi-fi” headphones with power, clarity and a perfectly balanced frequency response.
BOOM is the first audio interface in its class to offer onboard hardware DSP. With the Symphony ECS Channel Strip (tuned by legendary mixer, Bob Clearmountain), you can shape and sculpt your input sources with a 3-band EQ, compression, and a drive knob that adds the warmth and grit of analog gear. The ECS Channel Strip is also available as a native plugin from Apogee.
Create the perfect live streaming production with the onboard Mixer and Loopback mode. Allowing you to listen to your game, Spotify playlist, & chat notifications all at the same time and at the perfect level.
Bundled with BOOM is Ableton Live Lite, which is a fresh and easy way to write, record, produce and perform your own music. It includes essential workflows, instruments, and effects for creating new sounds, recording ideas, performing on stage, and much more.
- balanced ¼” instrument/line input
- 1 balanced mic/line/instrument Combi input
- 1 ¼” Zero ohm Headphone output
- Left/Right ¼” balanced speaker outputs
- Built-in hardware DSP with Symphony ECS Channel strip
- PureDIGITAL connection for up to 24-bit/192kHz recording
- Rugged construction with steel casing and rubber pads along the base
- Connect directly to iPad Pro - Control with Apogee Control 2 app.
- Bus Powered with Included USB-C Cable
- Includes Apogee Control 2 software for macOS, iOS, and Windows
- Includes Ableton Live Lite DAW (free license + download with registration)
- Works with any audio recording application on macOS, iOS, or Windows
- Get 50% off any Apogee plugin or plugin bundle when you register BOOM
BOOM is available for $299.99 (USD) at Apogee dealers Worldwide.
For more information, please visit apogeedigital.com.