Described by Dart as "the ultimate live axe," this signature bass features an ash body, select maple neck, and passive split-coil pickups.
The Dart II features a premium ash body, select maple neck, and passive split-coil pickups at the heart of its warm, punchy tonality. Dual volume controls are standard, but there are no tone controls to color the sound; therefore, the tone is manipulated solely by the user's technique and finesse. Finished in Natural Velvet, it comes with 22 frets and a custom artist series neckplate, and is tuned to E standard with custom gauge .045 - .105" Ernie Ball stainless steel roundwound wound bass strings.
“The design aim was for high speed and smooth playability on the neck, and a deep, rich Music Man tone from the picketups, all on an old-school passive bass,” Joe continues. “I think we nailed it, and I think I’ll be playing it on stage for years to come.”
The first 100 Joe Dart II basses will ship with a limited edition premium GnG case.
- Select Ash body / Natural Velvet finish
- Custom made Music Man "60's" style single-coil pickups with Alnico 5 magnets
- EBMM proprietary split coll-designed pickups for hum-free quiet operation.
- Dual volume controls (one for each pickup)
- Oil and wax finished maple neck
- Custom Joe Dart artist series neck plate
The Joe Dart II
$2,699.00 USD. More info at https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/joe-dart-ii.
- Ernie Ball Launches New Gauge Combos for Slinky & Earthwood ... ›
- Builder Profile: Ernie Ball Music Man - Premier Guitar ›
- Ernie Ball/Music Man St. Vincent Review - Premier Guitar ›