It draws inspiration from the right channel of the flagship signature overdrive, the PettyDrive.
Albany, OR (May 13, 2016) -- The co-owners, Stephen Pettyjohn and Chris Hoff of Pettyjohn Electronics, based out of Albany, OR, announced on Friday, June 10th, 2016, the Pettyjohn CHIME. The Pettyjohn CHIME is the second release in their new single pedal format, The Foundry Series. It draws inspiration from the right channel of the flagship Signature overdrive, The PettyDrive, from their Signature Collection. The CHIME is built with the same audiophile components as its predecessor so it retains the sweet, harmonically rich edge-of-breakup tones found in the original. It also features a new “Boost” knob for pushing the drive into totally new territory!
The CHIME has been voiced to provide a large range of gain and tone shaping to compliment any playing style and be at home in any rig as a foundational part of a player’s sound. The CHIME transcends normal shortcomings of many overdrive pedals found on the market today. It features a full, natural tonal range that allows your guitar’s tone and playing nuances to shine through while imparting sweetness, punch and depth with natural, musical harmonic presence and subtle natural compression often associated with cranked British style amps. Huge internal headroom and carefully selected parts contribute to an open tone with less harsh in-harmonic distortion artifacts than your average overdrive pedal. At times, you may even forget you have a pedal on as the sweet harmonics and saturation may just become a part of your core tone that you never want to plug-in without again!
The Foundry Series CHIME also features several notable updates!
1. The range of the gain control has been increased by 2.5 times from the original PettyDrive version. Being the #1 user request from the feedback received on the PettyDrive, this has become known as the CHIME Gain Mod for the PettyDrive and it now comes standard in the Foundry Series CHIME!
2. There is a completely new control knob titled “Boost”. This new Boost feature is a pre-boost that increases the gain before the clipping amp and has the effect of greatly increasing the breakup and presence characteristics, similar to the “Top Boost” control found on some British Amplifiers.
3. Finally, the high performance dual-rail power section has optimized further to offer a wider operation range and even more internal headroom. The CHIME can run on 9v-18v DC, drawing around 50mA, while effectively providing 18v to 36v of internal voltage swing, translating to extra headroom for a truly studio-grade experience.
The Pettyjohn CHIME comes with the studio-grade build quality and performance that many pro players and recording studios depend on every day at a price point all users can enjoy!
- Gain: Features the Gain mod for 2.5x the original Chime’s gain on tap
- Boost: Pre-boost control with that adds extra presence and grit
- Three carefully designed Clipping options for a very wide range of break-up flavors. Yellow LED, Germanium Diodes and combo mode
- Three carefully selected Low Cut frequencies interact with the gain control and clipping section to provide easy recall for different guitars, amps and even bass
- An audiophile approach to tone control, the Tilt EQ circuit is carefully voiced to compliment the clipping options and utilizes Orange Drop tone caps for a musical sweetness not normally found in a pedal
- Dual-rail power section with 9V to 18V operation range, providing 18V-36V of voltage swing for huge internal headroom while drawing under 100mA
- Burr Brown OPA input buffer
- Classic TL072 and JRC4558 stages carefully implemented for warmth and feel
- Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- Top Shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- Internally Direct Coupled stages for purest signal path possible
- Lead-Free PCB constructed with Audiophile Lead-free Silver Solder
- Extremely Low Noise
For more information: