Tascam Unveils the Trackpack 2x2
Included in the bundle is Tascam’s US-2x2 USB audio interface, TM-80 studio condenser microphone with shockmount, TH-02 headphones, and Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9 DAW software.
Montebello, CA (March 3, 2015) -- The new Tascam Trackpack 2x2 assembles everything you need to record music on your computer. Included in the complete recording bundle is Tascam’s US-2x2 USB audio interface, TM-80 studio condenser microphone with shockmount, and TH-02 headphones, plus Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Ableton Live Lite 9 DAW software.
The US-2x2 is a 2-in/2-out USB interface, bus powered from your Mac or Windows computer. A pair of Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide up to 57dB of gain and the best noise and distortion specs in their class. The audio design features high-performance, musical components like NE5532 op amps for rich sound quality without coloring the source. Class-compliant drivers enable use with tablets like the iPad when using an optional power supply.
The US-2x2’s all-aluminum case features a pair of “bio-cell” side panels. In addition to their striking design, the side panels ergonomically angle the interface towards you to make the switches and knobs easier to read on a desktop. The US-2x2 includes MIDI in and out, balanced audio outputs, a headphone amp, and two DAW applications to choose from – both Cakewalk SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite 9. Included with the software are dozens of plug-in instruments, effects, and loops to get you started.
Also included is the TM-80, a condenser microphone ideal for vocals, drums, and acoustic instruments. The TM-80 includes a shockmount and desktop stand. The TH-02 closed-back headphones provide isolation while recording and a great reference during mixdown.
For a street price under $200, the Tascam Trackpack 2x2 is the perfect way to launch your computer-recording studio.
- Two high-quality Ultra-HDDA mic/line preamps with up to 57dB of gain
- Two-in/two-out USB 2.0 interface with up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution
- XLR/1/4” combination input jacks
- Zero-latency Direct Monitoring
- High-quality audio components like NE5532 op amps for 125dBu EIN and 105dB S/N ratio
- USB Audio Compliant 2.0 drivers for iOS compatibility
- Independent line out and headphone level controls
- MIDI Input and Output
- Aluminum body with angled design for better desktop visibility
- Optional power supply
- Includes SONAR X3 LE and Abelton Live Lite 9
$199.99 estimated street price, available now
For more information: