Positive Grid releases a compact, USB audio interface designed to help guitarists turn their computer or mobile device into a complete music creation and recording rig.
Designed for convenient jamming, practice and recording at home or on the go, RIFF combines exclusive features such as a large, backlit, numeric display with IN/OUT meter, a customizable control knob and onboard presets, in a portable package. It offers deep integration with Positive Grid’s award-winning BIAS FX 2 software, along with access to thousands of customizable guitar tones. RIFF also comes with a recording and effects software bundle for out-of-the-box music creation or experimentation, and studio-quality recording.
RIFF’s streamlined design features a large, customizable control knob that provides instant, fingertip access to all functions. For the best possible audio results, users can also monitor their signal on the large LCD display, while taking advantage of an IN/OUT meter and a full-function, 3-color clipping indicator. RIFF is optimized for use with electric, acoustic and bass guitars. A first-in-its-class TONE mode allows players to enhance their sound with three legendary preamp and overdrive emulations to easily add warmth, classic analog boost, or beefed-up overdrive. DIRECT mode allows for high resolution, zero latency practicing, jamming and recording.
- ToneCloud - online access to a library of 50,000+ guitar tones
- Authentic Tone - detailed, onboard amp and effects emulation engine with pedalboard creation and customization
- Guitar Match - allows users to virtually turn their own guitar into the style and sound of a legendary guitar
- Music Page - includes YouTube browse/search function; jam tracks to play along with; and a new Auto Chords function that displays chords for millions of songs in real time as the user is playing, then slows down the song’s tempo or loop a section for deeper practice
- Auto Gain - when activated within BIAS FX 2, will automatically adjust the gain
- Compatible with Mac, PC and iOS devices, RIFF is small enough to fit into even the tightest of home setups, while its sturdy metal chassis is built to withstand the rigors of the road. It’s USB powered and houses a 1/4" stereo Line In, 1/4" mono out, and a 1/8" headphones jack.
The compact RIFF audio interface and music creation rig is currently available starting at $99 USD. Multiple colors and software upgrade options available. To learn more, visit: PositiveGrid.com/RIFF.
Walrus Audio expands its Mako Series with a modulation circuit that features six customized, studio-quality programs.
Each program has a torrent of options to tune, tweak, customize, and save to one of nine onboard presets (128 presets available via MIDI). Underneath the lush, pristine, and high-fidelity sounds, The M1 contains a wide array of options to degrade, warp and space out your modulation with the Lo-Fi knob. Add subtle movement and texture to float under your playing or make a statement with a thick swirling chorus and choppy panning tremolo.
Inspired by the analog modulation circuits of old, the M1’s digital deluge of sound invites players to enter the Mako-Verse to craft moving, melodic sagas. A sound explorers delight, the M1 offers a palette of infinite aural possibilities. The enclosure’s exact size is 4.9” x 2.52” x 2.64”. Power requirements are 9VDC (300mA minimum).
Walrus Audio Pedal Play: M1 High-Fidelity Modulation Machine
Yvette Young returned to the shop to perform a song she wrote for the Mako Series M1 High-Fidelity Modulation Machine.
Walrus Audio is offering The M1 for a retail price of $349. It is available now at walrusaudio.com and with our authorized dealers throughout all possible realities.