Cleveland, OH (September 18, 2017) -- On the heels of the release their latest amplifier model, the EMS, Dr. Z Amps introduces a new 2x12 combo configuration to their lineup. This model features two 25-watt Celestion Greenback speakers in a solid birch ply cabinet modelled to spec after the classic “Bluesbreaker” combo cabinet of the mid '60s. The EMS 2x12 Combo produces the classic British crunch and bold, bluesy cleans the EMS head has become known for, but in open-back combo package.
- “Hi” and “Lo” sensitivity switch that goes from clean to full blown cascading gain.
- Switchable tube or solid state rectifier allowing for saggy vintage compression or punchy, low-end response.
- Full EQ including a master volume for “bedroom to ballroom” volume control.
- “Touch” switch to alter the transient response for matching to single coil or humbucking pickups.
- Hand-wired turret board construction assembled in Cleveland, OH.
- High quality components including a custom Drake replica output transformer by Heyboer.
- Three tolex colors: navy blue, red, and classic black with gold styling and Z-Wreck grill cloth.
- Two Celestion Greenbacks wired in series for 16 ohm.
The EMS 2x12 Combo retails for $2499 from official Dr. Z dealers.
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information:
Dr. Z Amplification