Akron, OH (January 9, 2019) -- Swiss Things is EarthQuaker Devices’ first utility pedal, which the company calls “an all-in-one pedalboard reconciliation solution designed to really tie your rig together without resorting to some confusing loop-switching contraption bigger than a meatball party sub that eats up the entire bottom row of your board and kind-of-but-not-quite does what you need it to do.”
Swiss Things combines two true-bypass Flexi-Switch enabled effects loops, a Flexi-Switch AB-Y box with transformer isolation between outputs, a buffered tuner output, 20dB of clean boost, an expression pedal output for volume control, and a quiet, high headroom output buffer into a compact pedalboard-friendly signal routing junction box that lives at the top-right corner of your pedalboard and really ties your rig together without any signal loss.
The two effects loops (labeled Loop 1 and Loop 2) come equipped with EarthQuaker Devices’ proprietary Flexi-Switch Technology which allows latching- and/or momentary-style switching to be used with any effects pedal on the market. Loop 1 is unbuffered for use with fuzz, overdrive, distortion, boost, vintage pedals, or anything else with low input impedance and requires direct interaction with your pickups. Loop 2 is buffered and is intended for use with time-based and modulation effects.
A buffered tuner output removes your tuner from the signal chain, allowing users to stay in tune without tone loss. The Volume EXP jack allows for expression pedal control of volume without volume pedal-related tone-suck and is located after the “dirt” effects loop (Loop 1) to change levels without affecting gain.
Swiss Things also includes a Flexi-Switch-enabled AB-Y box with transformer isolation between outputs and a phase switch, 20dB of clean boost with adjustable gain, and a quiet, high headroom output buffer. It all adds up to a compact, pedalboard-friendly signal routing junction box that lives at the top-right corner of a pedalboard and ties the rig together without any signal loss.
- All-in-one pedalboard reconciliation solution
- Combines two Flexi-Switch-enabled effects loops, a Flexi-Switch AB-Y box with transformer isolation between outputs, a buffered tuner output, 20dB of clean boost with adjustable gain, expression pedal output for volume control, and a quiet, high headroom output buffer into a compact pedalboard-friendly signal routing junction box
- Use as many pedals as you’d like without tone-suck
- Quickly and easily bypass all pedals with one click
- Use Flexi-Switch Technology with every pedal in your setup
- Eliminate volume pedal tone-suck by using any expression pedal to control volume
- Use multiple amps without phase issues, ground loops, or extra noise
- Improves pedalboard cable management
- Shortens cable runs to reduce capacitance which causes tone loss
- Keeps all inputs and outputs in one convenient location
- True bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- Features EarthQuaker Devices’ proprietary Flexi-Switch™ Technology on Loop 1, Loop 2, Boost, and Both footswitches
- All-analog signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 40 mA
- Input impedance: 1M
- Output impedance: 1K
- USA MAP / Suggested Retail: $249 USD
- Boxed dimensions: 3.25” x 5.25” x 6.75”
- Out-of-box dimensions: 2.25” x 4.75” x 5.65”
- Weight: 1.75 lbs
For more information: