Nashville, TN(April 7, 2011) -- The Les Paul Standard Bass from Gibson USA takes the legendary Les Paul styling and the classic design and construction— and applies them to the low end—with an "oversized" Les Paul body that is more proportional to the dimensions of the bass guitar, for a bass with traditionally elegant styling, but a tone all its own. Gibson says, "From gut-thumping rumble to punchy funky snap, it's also extremely flexible and suitable to any genre, thanks to the simple yet versatile pickup and electronics complement that has made the Les Paul six-string so adaptable for nearly 60 years."
* Solid mahogany body with solid carved maple top and strategically placed tone chambers
* Quartersawn, glued-in solid mahogany neck with comfortable, rounded neck profile
* 20-fret rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays
* PLEK-cut corian nut
* TB+ humbucking pickups with ceramic magnets
* Individual Volume and Tone controls with a three-way switch
* Legendary Tune-o-matic bridge and stud-mounted wraparound stopbar tailpiece
* Grover bass tuners with 20:1 gear ratio
The basses are available in Goldtop (MSRP $2599), Heritage Cherry Sunburst (MSRP $2839), and ebony (MSRP $2399) finishes. Each includes a Gibson hardshell case and owner's manual, and is covered by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 customer service.
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice