- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice
The latest models available in the Performing Artist Series consist of the new GPCPA2, GPCPA Mahogany, GPCPA3, DCPA3 and the OMCPA3. Each guitar features digital electronics and superior playability with the state-of-the-art Fishman F1 Aura.
“The overwhelming response we received from the launch of our Performing Artist Series set off a wave of creative ideas that led to this new expansion,” said Chris Martin IV, chairman and CEO of the company. “Our craftsmen have been working diligently to offer these to the public beginning this month with an aim to target a broad range of musicians with models that mix affordability with enduring craftsmanship.”
* The GPCPA2 (pictured) is crafted with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. This model also features an elegant three-piece back and full gloss finish. It offers a very fast and comfortable Performing Artist neck and fingerboard taper with grained ivoroid bindings. The soundhole rosette is adorned with pearl. MSRP $3499
* Available only in the Grand Performance cutaway body shape, the GPCPA Mahogany is the latest entry in Martin’s certified wood lineup. The Mahogany has a solid FSC certified Mahogany back, sides and neck and a solid FSC certified European spruce top. Additionally, The Mahogany features full gloss finish along with the best onboard intelligence available today. US MSRP $3399
* The stage-ready and elegant GPCPA3 is a gloss-top model built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. Musicians will enjoy the fast and comfortable Performing Artist neck/fingerboard taper and bridge spacing. MSRP $2599
* Similarly, the DCPA3 is built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top and comes in a gloss-top Dreadnought model. MSRP $2599
* As with the previous four models, the OMCPA3 includes the Fishman F1 Aura system. It comes adorned elegantly with a gloss-top body and is built with solid East Indian rosewood back and sides and a solid Sitka spruce top. MSRP $2599
The Fishman F1 Aura features the stunning realism of award-winning Aura Acoustic Imaging technology in a distinctive and easy to use onboard preamp system. State-of-the-art features include: digital chromatic tuner, volume and blend controls, independent three-band EQ for both pickup and image signals, compressor, phase control and an automatic anti-feedback filter with up to three notches. The heart of the F1 Aura is its ability to replicate the sound of nine different world-class studio microphones. Fishman engineers have carefully captured images of the sound that these high-quality microphones "hear" and allow you to blend it in with the legendary Gold+Plus under saddle pickup. The preamp design utilizes low-noise components, 32-bit internal processing and 24-bit audio conversion for an incredibly clean and quiet output.
All five guitars will begin shipping October 4, 2010 in limited quantities.
A Limited Lifetime Warranty covers all Performing Artist Series models purchased from authorized Martin dealers in the U.S. and Canada. To protect your investment, each guitar includes a brown hardshell case.
For more information:
Source: Press Release