The Mark V is really a collection of amplifiers. There are far too many circuits and sounds to think of it as merely an amp. From the groundbreaking Mark I that introduced the world to high gain with its cascading preamp, to the Mark II—the world’s first high gain Dual Mode Channel Switching amplifier—and its later siblings that introduced Simul-Class power, from the Mark III that ushered in the era of 3 Channel footswitching performance, to the Mark IV which gave all this power individual control, the Mark V is the embodiment of the last 40 years of guitar amp history.
Three distinct channels present the three footswitchable sounds in a simple-to-dial platform, but don’t let that fool you… beneath each set of controls lies another layer of performance. Each preamp Channel contains three distinct Modes that are controlled by a simple minitoggle MODE switch found in the upper left corner of each Channel. This switch is responsible for the voicing of each Channel. In some cases these voicings are related by style and give you important musical differences within a gain structure and sonic theme. In other cases, both gain and EQ are radically altered to achieve drastically different sounds—yet these sounds appear on the same set of controls. This is a result of needing a certain circuit architecture and Tone control string to achieve a particular sound style. Sometimes these extreme mode differences require different Gain and Tone control treatments to achieve a recognizable and iconic sound. In other words, it may require some dialing of the controls when you are touring through the modes. With circuits capable of these extremes, there is simply no way to avoid this.
• 3 Fully Independent Channels with 9 Modes (Channel 1: Clean, Fat or Tweed, Channel 2: Edge, Crunch or Mark I, Channel 3: Mark IIC+, Mark IV or Extreme)
• 5 Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable and Selectable between 1 group of 5-Band Sliders or 3 channel specific, variable depth Contour Controls
• Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or True Bypassable All-Tube FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
• Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
• True “Hard” Bypass Switch removes FX Loops, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
Click next to learn more about the Mark V’s features...