Anaheim, CA (January 12, 2011) -- With Blacksmith on-stage, power is not an issue – large clubs, major venues or full-scale stadiums, Blacksmith covers it all. A massive 1600 watts delivers a huge bass tone that will follow the user’s slightest moves while playing those hard-rocking bass lines and hammering riffs.
Blacksmith offers more than excessive power, with renowned Bass amp 2.0 features such as integrated chromatic bass tuner, refined tone-shaping tools including 4 bands of EQ, SpectraComp ‘per string compression’, TubeTone ‘complete Tube pre- and power amp recreation’ and TweeterTone ‘intelligent HF control’ as well as the unique 3 user-defined memories, Blacksmith takes bass amplification to a new level in more than one respect.
Anyone using different basses or changing playing style during shows, knows that a few amp presets would be welcome. Blacksmith offers three on-board user memories for effortless switching between 4 and 5-string basses or Rickenbackers and Fenders for that matter. Alternatively, three entirely different tones for one bass can be stored – e.g. overdrive, slap and a vintage tone.
8, 4 or 2 ohms, your choice
Blacksmith is capable of handling cabinet combinations all the way down to 2 ohms, so ultimately, four RS410 cabinets could be fired up simultaneously – that’s 16 x 10” or 8.7 square foot of speaker cones blasting air at the bass player standing in front of the rig... Better put that foot on the monitor to keep upright.
Blacksmith Main Features:
• Power – 1600 watts (4500 watts peak).
• Presets – 3 user-defined presets.
• On-board chromatic tuner – Always active for instant pitch monitoring at any time.
• SpectraComp – Multi-band compression – the musical way to compress!
• TubeTone – Emulation of both the tube preamp and tube power amp sections.
• 4-band EQ – Semi-parametric Bass, Lo-Mid, Hi-Mid and Treble.
• TweeterTone – Front panel tweeter level control for crisp and modern bass tones.
Transformer balanced Line Driver – Studio-grade DI for ultra-clean signals to PAs or DAWs.
Available: March, 2011. MSRP $3599.
For more information:
TC Electronic Blacksmith
Source: Press Release
- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice