The online-only event will feature Alan Parsons, Nile Rodgers, Nathan East, Slash, Billy Gibbons, and more.
Ft. Wayne, IN (June 25, 2020) -- Sweetwater, the world's leading music technology and instrument retailer, is pleased to present GearFest2020. This year, the world’s biggest celebration of music instruments and pro audio gear is bringing its annual physical event into the comfort of your own home with a completely digital, online experience. The annual event will take place virtually this year on Friday, June 26th and Saturday, June 27th with no registration required.
Featuring guest appearances, workshops, panels, in-depth interviews, and more from some of the biggest names in the music business, fans can experience live music, partake in some of Sweetwater’s biggest music instrument and pro audio gear deals of the year, enter exciting hourly giveaways, and learn directly from world-class musicians and industry leaders without ever leaving the couch. In addition to streamed content, Sweetwater is also producing over 1,500 exclusive “on-demand” videos from over 350 partners that will cover various topics, gear, and real-world applications.
Unlike many industry trade shows, which are held primarily for manufacturers and retailers, GearFest remains the only event of its kind and size to veer from tradition and remain open to the “virtual” public. Musicians and customers from all over the world can expect to see thousands of exciting deals on items across all product categories.
Sweetwater Founder and President Chuck Surack said, “While GearFest will be experienced differently from what we’re used to, we are excited for the opportunity to bring this one-of-a-kind experience to our customers, fans and all lovers of music. We are looking forward to an incredible event that will allow us to share our passion for music and appreciation for our customers, while keeping health and safety a top priority for all.”
GearFest 2020 will mark the event’s 19th anniversary. Last year, GearFest live streams generated over 250,000 views, and that number is expected to skyrocket with this year’s noteworthy lineup of engineers, producers, and artists. 2019 was a record-breaking success with more than 17,000 people in attendance at Sweetwater’s expansive campus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Nearly all 50 states were represented along with several countries including Denmark, Japan, and India.
While exclusively an online event this year, GearFest is not slowing down and will continue to feature fan favorites from musical appearances, to exclusive new content directly from your favorite manufacturers like Avid, Fender, Tama and more, to hourly prize giveaways valuing over $35,000. One lucky grand-prize winner will be selected on July 1, with the grand prize including a guitar recording package worth over $5,000. Highlights of noteworthy music icons who plan to present at GearFest 2020 include:
- Alan Parsons – Grammy® Award winning producer/engineer, musician, and songwriter (The Beatles, Paul McCartney, Pink Floyd, The Alan Parsons Project)
- Nile Rodgers – Grammy® Award winner, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee (Chic, Daft Punk, David Bowie, Lady Gaga, Solo artist)
- Linda Perry – Singer/songwriter, musician and record producer (4 Non Blondes, Pink, Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys, Ariana Grande)
- Billy Gibbons – Guitarist, Singer/songwriter, record producer, and actor (ZZ Top)
- BT – Musician, DJ, singer/songwriter, composer and engineer (Solo artist)
- Slash – Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, guitarist, musician, songwriter, and producer (Guns ‘n’ Roses, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators, Velvet Revolver, and more)
- Nathan East – Bassist and singer/songwriter (Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Fourplay, Solo artist)
GearFest 2020 will take place on Friday, June 26th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST and Saturday, June 27th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Music lovers can stream the online event on Sweetwater’s Facebook and YouTube channels, in addition to: www.gearfest.com. Fans interested in viewing the entire GearFest 2020 lineup can view at https://www.sweetwater.com/gearfest/presenters or call (800) 222-4700 to learn more.
For more information: