A 2x10 combo that's fueled by a pair of 6V6 tubes.
Tel Aviv, Israel (February 20, 2018) -- B&G Guitars, known for their hand built Little Sister guitar, introduces The Prototype handwired tube amplifier.
“Inspired by the sound and design concepts of classic tube amps of the 1950s & '60s, our hearts and minds were set to combine the best features of those classics with our own ideas and innovation” says Yotam (Kiki) Goldshtein, B&G’s master luthier. Kiki adds “ Our main goal was to provide a great amount of clean headroom and to push the breaking point higher, without compromising the power and growl of the tube overdrive and fuzz. In order to provide that warm vintage sound, we went on a quest to source limited amounts of new old stock audio capacitors and find the perfect match between all components. We’re proud to announce this NOS capacitors edition is limited to 100 pieces worldwide.
Each B&G Prototype amp is assembled and hand-wired in Israel by the B&G Private Build staff, and features:
- NOS Capacitors
- Two 6V6 Output Tubes
- Three 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- One 12AT7 Tube
- 5Y3 Rectifier Tube
- 16 Watts Output Power
- Two 10” Jensen P-10R Speakers For A Rich, Warm Tone
- Two Switch-Operated Gain Stages - Dirty & Angry
- Push-Pull Volume Knob For High/Low Sensitivity Input
- Genuine Accutronics Tube-Driven Spring Reverb Unit With Extended Control
- Cathode Bias - Allows For A New Set Of Tubes To Be Installed Without Any Adjustments.
- B&G Solid Brass Control Panel & Tube Guard
- B&G Circuit-Protecting Power Switch
The Prototype is available with pricing starting at $3,950. Available for online purchase and via select dealers.
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: