Big Lou Guitars Releases Big Lou Wide Nut Guitar
The Big Lou Wide Nut guitar features more space between strings, a wider nut, and jumbo frets for players with larger hands and fingers.
Perris, CA (July 26,2010) -- Big Lou Guitars has developed the Big Lou Wide Nut guitar with extra wide fretboard and nut to accommodate those with bigger hands and fingers. The wider string spacing offers generous room for easier playability and accuracy.
Inventor/entrepreneur Louis Carroll stumbled across the idea four months into beginning guitar lessons. After struggling with the limited width of standard fretboards and the narrow spacing between strings, Carroll set out to design an affordable, feature-packed electric guitar to accommodate those with bigger hands and fingers.
One other feature that appears on the Big Lou Wide Nut guitars is the Pinky Slot. This is a slotted groove cut directly into the pick guard to improve picking accuracy and provide a point of reference for the playerâ€™s right hand.
- 1 7/8" (47.625mm) nut width
- .315" (8mm) string spacing
- Pinky Slot
- Basswood solid body
- Maple bolt-on neck
- Rosewood fretboard
- Jumbo 2.7mm frets
- Floating tremolo system with locking nut (chrome)
- H/S/S one humbucker, two single coil pickup configuration with coil split switch
- One volume, two tone controls
- 5-way pickup selector switch
- Aluminum foil shielding on all electrical components
- Available colors: Sunburst, Midnight, Royal Blue, Red Velvet and Ghost
- MSRP: $299
For more information:
Source: Press Release