Darkglass Electronics Introduces the Super Symmetry 115 GeV Compressor
August 17, 2015
A modern compressor with an old school envelope effect.
Helnsiki, Finland (August 17, 2015) -- Designed and built in Helsinki Finland, the Super Symmetry offers all the transparency and precision of a modern compressor with the twist that its inherent envelope effect is reminiscent of old school compressors.
Its controls allow for great adaptability and versatility, with all the performance requirements a modern compressor should have regarding transparency and noise to signal ratio, yet with the organic interaction of some of the great classics: it sounds modern in the way that it doesn't color your tone while compressing, but the way it reacts to your playing is simply natural and seamless.
- Blend: Like all of our pedals, allows for mixing the compressed and clean signals, ideal for fast compression adjustment (to reduce it you can dial back the blend and avoid having to readjust your Input and Output levels for unity gain).
- Input: Adjusts the gain on the compressor. Besides working great for ensuring clean operation, it also allows for adjusting the threshold over which the compressor starts reducing gain. Higher input settings will result in higher levels of compression.
- Attack: Sets the time until gain reduction begins (higher settings will translate into faster Attack times).
- Release: Sets the time after which the signal goes back to pre gain-reduction levels. Higher release settings will hold the compressed signal for shorter time.
- Compression: Sets the amount of compression (Peak Reduction).
- Output: Sets the output volume level of the unit.
For more information: