The pedal includes a Flexi-Switch feature which allows users to select between momentary and traditional latching-style switching in the moment and on the fly.
Akron, Ohio (August 29, 2018) -- The Aqueduct uses a short delay line with eight modulation modes to deliver gentle amp-like rolling pitch-wobbles, steady kosmiche pulsations, rapid trills, slimy sonic squiggles, whammy-bar wiggles, pitch bends, and anything else your pitch-warped brain can picture in your murky mind’s eye.
With eight modulation modes to choose, Aqueduct offers a variety of pitch-shifting vibrato tones adaptable to nearly any musical situation. Sine, Triangle, Ramp, and Square modes provide tried-and-true pitch modulation for players wanting to add subtle and organic textures to their music. Random mode introduces a “warped record” effect at low settings and rolls the dice on an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends as the Depth is increased. For players on the hunt for a dynamic and touch-sensitive Vibrato experience, Aqueduct’s Envelope modes allow for interactive control over the Depth, Rate, and pitch of the vibrato by simply playing harder or softer.
Envelope-Controlled Pitch mode (Env P) is equipped with a wet/dry blend expanding the tonal possibilities beyond vibrato to include chorus, flanger, and tactile tremolo bar-like pitch bends. We’ve lovingly nicknamed it “the My Bloody Valentine setting.”
Aqueduct’s intuitive control set make it easy for pedal novices and tap-dancing pedalheads alike to dial in swampy vintage-inspired vibrato, synthesizer-like sonar pulses, touch-sensitive pitch modulation, and more. Rate adjusts the LFO speed which controls how quickly the pitch rises and falls. Depth controls the LFO amplitude, adjusting the intensity of the vibrato effect. The rotary switch labeled Mode selects between one of eight LFO waveshape and envelope combinations which drastically alter the character of the modulation.
It is also the latest pedal to feature EarthQuaker Devices proprietary Flexi-Switch feature which allows users to select between momentary and traditional latching-style switching in the moment and on the fly. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
- True pitch-shifting vibrato
- Easily conjure swampy vintage-inspired vibrato, synth-like sonar pulses, touch-sensitive pitch modulation, chorus, flanger, and tactile tremolo bar-like pitch bends from a single pedal
- Eight modulation modes
- Sine: The smoothest and most subtle of all waveforms, sine waves are most commonly associated with classic amp-like vibrato.
- Triangle: Triangle waves have a sharper rise and fall than sine waves with a more pronounced pitch bend at the peak of each LFO cycle.
- Ramp: Like a triangle wave with a twist. The Ramp waveform has a sharp sonar pulse followed by a rapid downward slope with a synthesizer-like sustain and release.
- Square: Square waves are the most rigid and abrupt of the waveforms. Rather than gliding smoothly between pitches, square waves produce an instant on-or-off transition between notes.
- Random: introduces a “warped record” effect at low settings and rolls the dice on an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends as the Depth is increased
- Env D: Envelope-Controlled Depth mode. The waveshape is set to a sine wave, the speed of which may be adjusted using the Rate control. The Depth control sets the sensitivity of the envelope - the point at which the effect kicks in as you play. In this mode, your pick attack sets the intensity of the modulation. The harder you dig in, the more pronounced the effect.
- Env R: This is Envelope-Controlled Rate mode. In this mode, the input level (i.e. pick attack) controls the LFO rate. Play harder for faster modulation or lay low for slower modulation speeds. The Rate control adjusts the sensitivity of the envelope. Depth selects the LFO intensity.
- Env P: This is Envelope-Controlled Pitch mode, which we’ve lovingly nicknamed “The My Bloody Valentine setting.” If your instrument doesn’t have a tremolo bar, it does now. In this mode, the frequency modulation is controlled by the dynamics of your pick attack and not the LFO.
- Flexi-Switch allows for momentary and traditional latching-style switching
- True Bypass
- Silent relay-based switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- All-digital wet signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current Draw: 68mA
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: < 10K Ohm
- USA MAP / Suggested Retail: $199 USD
- Boxed Dimensions: 5.5” x 3.25” x 3.25”
- Out-of-box Dimensions: 4.75" x 2.50″ x 2.25″
- Each and every Aqueduct is constructed with human hands in Akron, Ohio, USA.
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
DiMarzio, Inc. announces the Relentless P (DP299), the Relentless J Bridge (DP301), Relentless J Neck (DP300), and the Relentless J Pair (DP302) for 4 string basses.
DiMarzio, Inc. announces the release of the Relentless P (DP299), the Relentless J Bridge (DP301), Relentless J Neck (DP300), and the Relentless J Pair (DP302) for 4 string basses. The new Relentless P and Relentless J series pickups feature the Relentless cover designed in collaboration with Billy Sheehan.
As with the Relentless pickups, we removed all the hard edges from the standard P Bass and standard J Basspickups, and added an arch to the top of the pickups to bring the sensing coils and pole pieces closer to the strings. These improvements increase the dynamic range and make active circuitry unnecessary.
The Relentless P and Relentless J pickups incorporate Neodymium magnets and produce 70 percent more output than traditional passive pickups, and they’re dead quiet due to the incorporation of metal covers and foil-shielded cables. To dial in (or fine-tune) the individual string output, the Relentless P and Relentless J include eight adjustable pole pieces. These pickups also have a broad magnetic field so you can even bend notes without volume dropout.
DiMarzio’s extra shielding makes the Relentless P and Relentless J better for both recording and stage performances. We’ve mounted them onto robust .09375” thick circuit board base plates to eliminate the annoying protruding mounting screws — ultimately creating a more comfortable and consistent foundation to rest your fingers on.
The new Relentless P steps beyond the traditional P-Bass sound and can only be described as massive. It has more of everything: more volume, beefier lows, a growling midrange, and crispy highs with better individual string definition.
The Relentless J incorporates a new invention, (patent pending) parallelogram-shaped coils, offering an expanded mid-range punch, snappy highs, precise lows, and a new dimension to the sound of the Relentless series pickups.
Relentless P and Relentless J pickups will breathe new life into any bass, increase playability, and work well for any style of music from Motown to metal.
DiMarzio’s Relentless P, Relentless J Bridge, Relentless J Neck, and Relentless J pair are made in the U.S.A. and may now be ordered for immediate delivery.
Suggested List Price for the Relentless P is $169.00 (MAP $119.99).
Suggested List Price for the Relentless J Bridge and Relentless J neck is $155.00 (MAP $109.99).
Suggested List Price for the Relentless J Pair is $296.00 (MAP 209.99).
For more information, please visit our website at dimarzio.com.
Mystery Stocking is coming soon! Sign up for PG Perks below so you don't miss it.
Sign up for PG Perks on the form below to make sure you don't miss the launch announcement!
About Mystery Stocking
Each year, Premier Guitar likes to put out these mystery boxes as a part of bringing some fun to the holiday season. Remember, this is supposed to be a fun holiday treat! If the contents of this box will ruin your holiday, deplete the last of your bank account, or end your ability to see the good in humanity, it may not be for you.
- This year's Mystery Stocking will cost $44.95. ($39.95 + $5 Flat shipping)
- Each box will be guaranteed to contain $40 or more in value.
- US only. (Sorry World.)
- Make sure your shipping address is correct.
- Have your credit card ready to go before you refresh the page. Paypal is not available. Autofill may not fill in your information.
- There will be NO REFUNDS given.
- There has been a huge demand for these in the past. We really did sell out in less than 4 minutes last year. When they are gone, they are gone.
- One per household, one per person.
Q: What's in the Mystery Stocking?
A: It wouldn't be much of a surprise if we told you, now would it?
Q: Will I definitely get my money worth?
Q: Can I return it if I don't like it?
A: Nope. All sales final.
Q: What if I live outside the US?
A: Sorry, US only.
Q. How much is it?
A. $39.95 Plus $5 shipping
Q. When will it ship?
A. On or before December 10, 2022.
Q. What form of payment do you accept?
A. Credit cards only. Sorry, no Paypal for this.
Q. Can I ship to a different location than my billing address?
Q. I tried last year and didn't get one. Will I get one this year?
A. There is an overwhelming demand for Mystery Stocking. Be sure you have a fast internet connection and be ready when they go on sale. Last year we sold out in 3 min 33 seconds.
Q. I want to buy 5. How can I buy 5?
A. You can't. This year, we're limiting to one per household, so more people can get in on the fun!
Featuring the Adaptive Circuitry recently introduced on their Halcyon Green Overdrive, Origin Effects have brought us a pedal with a character all of its own and a new flavor of drive.
Origin Effects introduce the new M-EQ DRIVER mid booster & drive pedal. Based on a vintage Pultec studio EQ, this unique pedal offers a range of mid-focused tones, from a subtle mid boost to thick, resonant overdrive. Featuring the Adaptive Circuitry recently introduced on their Halcyon Green Overdrive, Origin Effects have brought us a pedal with a character all of its own and a new flavor of drive.
A choice of three mid-range frequencies ensures that you can boost just the right part of your guitar signal and, when pushed harder, can elicit a range of saturation from a classic “mid-hump” overdrive to fierce “cocked wah” distortion. Thanks to the Adaptive Circuitry, the high-end roll-off of the Cut control is reduced as the pedal cleans up. This allows for a smooth transition from warm overdrive to bright clean tones in response to playing dynamics or guitar volume knob changes.
Introducing... M-EQ DRIVER || Mid Booster & Drive
Built-in the UK to the highest standards, the M-EQ DRIVER continues the Origin Effects tradition of vintage, studio-inspired tones in modern guitar pedals. The Origin Effects M-EQ DRIVER is available now from Origin Effects dealers worldwide.
RRP: 259 GBP (Inc VAT) / 319 USD (Ex TAX)
For more information, please visit origineffects.com.