The amp brings back the exact features and legendary tones of the original 1987 model.
(July 9, 2015) -- 1987 was a very special year for both Marshall Amplification and its founder, Jim Marshall, as it marked 50 years in the Music Industry for Jim, and the 25th Anniversary of his world-renowned British company. To celebrate these two momentous occasions, Marshall released the Silver Jubilee Series of amps, clad in silver vinyl. Of these critically acclaimed offerings, the 100 Watt 2555 stack quickly become one of Marshall’s most popular and significant products. It was adopted by countless artists, including Jore Bonamassa the one-and-only Slash.
Due to incredible public demand, Marshall is offering a UK made, re-issue of the highly sought after 2555 stack that exactly duplicates its features and legendary tones. The models are the 2555X head plus the angled-front 2551A and straight-front 2551BV 4x12” cabinets. These three models are shipping now!
The 2555X head features a black PCB with high voltage/high temperature resistant black wiring in a matt black chassis. For technician-friendly, service ease, the chassis boasts external bias points for the output tubes.
2555X 100/50 Watt valve Head Features:
- 3 x ECC83 (12AX7) preamp valves and 4 x EL34 power valve
- Silver vinyl and silver front panel
- High/Low Output selection switch – this switches the power stage between Pentode operation (100 Watts) and Triode (50 Watts)
- 2 footswitchable channels – Rhythm and Lead.
- Presence, Bass, Middle and Treble EQ controls
- Output Master/Pull channel Control. This footswitchable push/pull control switches between Rhythm and Lead settings.
- Lead Master Control which sets the Lead mode volume.
- Input Gain/Pull Rhythm Clip Control. When pulled out if adds extra crunch to the Rhythm Mode of the 2555X.
- Series Effects Loop
- DI Output for PA or recording
- Footswitch included
- High voltage and high temperature resistant wiring
- External bias points on the chassis
- Made in Britain with Pride
2551AV and 2551BV Cabinet Features
- Angled (2551AV) and Straight (2551BV) fronted 4x12” versions available
- 4 x Celestion Vintage 30 speakers (70 Watts a piece)
- 280 Watts
- Silver vinyl
- Mono/Stereo Switching – 16 or 4 Ohms Mono; 8 Ohms per-side, Stereo
- Castor wheels included
- Made in Britain with Pride
The recommend retail price of the 2555X head is $2580; the cabinets are $1800 each.
For more information:
Kick off the holiday season by shopping for the guitar player in your life at Guitar Center! Now through December 24th 2022, save on exclusive instruments, accessories, apparel, and more with hundreds of items at their lowest prices of the year.
We’ve compiled this year’s best deals in the 2022 Holiday Gift Guide presented by Guitar Center.
Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters are designed to offer a fat midrange and a smooth top end.
Billy Corgan was looking for something for heavier Smashing Pumpkins songs, so Joe Naylor designed the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One pickup. Sporting custom artwork etched onto the covers, the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One Humcutters have a fat midrange and a smooth top end. This pickup combines the drive and sustain of a humbucker with the percussive attack and string clarity of a P90. Get beefy P90 tone plus amp-pummeling output with the Railhammer Billy Corgan Z-One.
Patented Railhammer Pickups take passive guitar pickups to a new level with rails under the wound strings lead to tighter lows, and poles under the plain strings offer fatter heights. With increased clarity, the passive pickup’s tone is never sterile.
Railhammer Billy Corgan Signature Z-One Pickup Demo
For more information, please visit railhammer.com.
Designed for utmost comfort and performance, the Vertigo Ultra Bass is Mono’s answer to those who seek the ultimate gigging experience.
Complete with a range of game-changing design features, such as the patent-pending attachable FREERIDE Wheel System, premium water-resistant and reflective materials, shockproof shell structure and improved ergonomic features, the Vertigo Ultra Bass takes gear protection to the next level.
The Vertigo Ultra Bass features:
- Patent-pending FREERIDE Wheel System that allows for wheels to be attached on the case in no time, giving you the option to travel with it seamlessly
- Upgraded materials, including a water-resistant 1680D Ballistic Nylon outer shell, plush inner lining and new reflective trim for maximum backstage and night visibility
- Enhanced protection with a shockproof shell structure and heavy-duty water-resistant YKK zippers for protection from the elements
- Improved ergonomics and functionality including added back support and load-lifting detachable shoulder straps with side release buckles
- Flexible storage options with added space for touring essentials
Mojotone will manufacture and market over 60 of their speaker cabinets and amp kits as “Licensed by Fender.”
This partnership marks Fender's recognition of Mojotone’s dedication to its craft, quality of products, and dependability of knowledge. Beginning November 29th and ranging from $327 - $1,016.
Amplifiers were among the first products to wear the official Fender seal. A qualified electronics technician by trade, Leo Fender developed his iconic amplifiers during the mid-1940s putting innovation at the forefront. To this day, Leo’s influence and innovative spirit can still be heard in today’s amps, as that same iconic, clean Fender tone continues to color new music around the world. As a result, the process for completing the exclusive licensing deal required Fender to carefully audit Mojotone’s amplifier kits, wiring diagrams, electronics, hardware, construction methods, and more to ensure this innovation carried on through the partnership. Mojotone’s many years of intense research, quality production, and favorable reputation solidified the deal.
Mojotone has always been determined to provide its customer base with the most sought-after parts with their insider industry-knowledge. They have spent the last 25 years helping musicians recreate what they deem to be the most famous and easily-recognized tones and aesthetics in the music industry. When purchasing Mojotone products, like Fender products, customers can be assured of unmatched quality and craftsmanship.
For more information, please visit mojotone.com.