It comes preconfigured for most popular DAWs, MIDI guitar products such as Line 6 and Kemper’s Profiler, and even provides standard amp switching.
Glendale, CA (March 27, 2018) -- PACER steps up hands-free DAW and MIDI control with plenty of switching power for soft- and hardware solutions. Pacer comes preconfigured for most popular DAWs, MIDI guitar products such as Line 6, Kemper’s Profiler and even provides standard amp switching. With programmable color selection for switches there is plenty of scope for user-configurable setups for VST plugins or any MIDI controllable hardware.
The sturdy metal case features 10 programmable footswitch controls with RGB LEDs and an additional Preset footswitch for recalling presets and navigation. Additionally, PACER allows the connection of 2 expression pedals and up to 4 external foot switches. Even non-MIDI amps can be integrated into setups by using the 4 relays to switch channels or effects. Due to dedicated presets and icons for transport and track control as well as eg. MIDI LED feedback for MIDI CC messages, the pedal’s handling is fast and transparent.
“Originally, Pacer was intended to be a DAW controller providing musicians with hands-free control of their computer music setup”, says Nektar Chief Niels Larsen. “Then enthusiasm got the better of us and we couldn’t help adding a host of useful additional control functionality. Now you can also control MIDI preamps or effects as well as switching channels and reverb on non-MIDI amps with the on-board relays. Pacer’s switching power will boost your creativity whether you are recording or playing live.”
One button press can completely change a setup’s configuration: Recalling a preset sends up to 16 MIDI messages or relay switch states at the same time. What’s more, each of PACER’s controls is fully programmable with up to 6 steps – each step sending a MIDI message or executing an action. These steps can be sent simultaneously or consecutively in a sequence of presses. Each press can trigger a different command if required – from a MIDI-CC message to a relay state. This is also true for the external expression and footswitch pedals: A footswitch could be used to control a completely user configurable preset chain for example.
Transport control of practically any DAW and the switching of many MIDI guitar devices works right out of the box, as PACER’s 24 factory presets include setups for MIDI Machine Control, Mackie Control Universal (MCU) and devices such as Line 6 Pod and Helix or Kemper’s Profiler. Support for Mackie MCU enables the control of compatible DAWs like Ableton Live or FL Studio. Additionally, custom Nektar DAW integration software for popular DAWs such as Logic, Bitwig, Cubase, Reason and others is available to registered users as a free download, providing access to even more advanced control. PACER’s MIDI output can be used as a USB MIDI interface, for direct MIDI connection or both at the same time.
- 10 programmable footswitches each with RGB LED
- 1 preset footswitch
- 2 row LED display
- 1 encoder with push switch for programming, navigation and control
- 24 user configurable presets
- 2 Read-only presets for DAW track and transport control
- Sends up to 16 MIDI messages or relay switches on preset recall
- Up to 6 MIDI messages or actions programmable for each control
- 2 expression pedal sockets
- 2 TRS jack connectors for up to 4 external footswitches
- 2 TRS jack connectors for controlling up to 4 switch sockets (FX or channels)
- MIDI output (USB MIDI interface/direct MIDI connection)
- USB connector for connecting to a computer, USB host or USB power supply (for power only)
- PSU socket: DC 9V / 600mA, center negative (PSU not included)
- Factory Presets include Line 6 Pod and Helix, Fractal Audio AxeFX, Avid Eleven Rack, Kemper Profiler, Elektron Octatrack Pickup Machine, Electro Harmonix 45000 Looper, MIDI Machine Control, a Relay Preset for non-MIDI amps and more.
- Nektar DAW integration for Transport and Track control
Pacer Nektar DAW and MCU Integration currently supports:
Apple Logic and Garageband, Bitwig 8-Track and Studio, Cockos Reaper, Propellerhead Reason, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo
AMCU control in addition provides compatibility with Ableton Live, Cakewalk Sonar, MOTU Digital Performer, Image-Line FL Studio and Presonus Studio One.
Pricing and availability (MAP):
Shipping in April 2018, MAP price: $229.99 US / £199.99 / €229.99
For more information: