Port City Amps Collaborates with Rhett Shull on New Grandville Amp
The 50-watt all-tube amp comes with onboard tremolo and is available as a standalone head or combo.
Handmade near Asheville, NC, the Grandville is built using premium components and provides a simple set of interactive treble and bass controls with a single volume knob. The straightforward control set allows players to quickly dial in a wide array of tones. Guitarists that use effect pedals to achieve an overdriven tone will find the Grandville is a terrific "pedal platform" that brings out the best in their overdrive.
The amp includes an all-tube tremolo designed to deliver a tantalizingly lush, warm trem effect. It's controlled by a two-way toggle switch to select slow and fast speed settings, along with speed and intensity knobs to fine-tune the speed and depth of the effect.
- Volume, Treble, and Bass controls
- 50 Watts Output
- 4 / 8 / 16 Ohm Impedance Switch
- Foot switchable tremolo (can also be controlled by switch on front panel)
- Fast and slow tremolo switch (controlled by front panel switch only)
- Tube array:
- TAD matched 6L6’s power tubes
- 6SJ7 – Preamp
- (2) 6SL7 – Tremolo
- 6SL7 – Phase Inverter
- 5U4GB – Rectifier
- USA-made Hammond Transformers (Power, chokes (2) and output transformers.)
- Black lacquered tweed, gold logo and piping with black grill cloth
- Tremolo on/off footswitch included
Pricing for the Grandville head is $2550. A Grandville 2x10/12 combo -- loaded with one 10” Jensen Jet Tornado and one 12” WGS G12-CS speaker -- is $2950.
For guitarists purchasing the Grandville head there is a matching 2×10/12 Wave cab (with one 10” Jensen Jet Tornado and one 12” WGS G12-CS) available for $875.
For more information, visit portcityamps.com.
- Port City Adds Cabinet to Wave Family ›
- Port City Dual Fifty & Wave Cabinet ›
- Port City Sahana Amp Head and Wave 2x12 Cab Review ›