A pedal designed to cop both British and American amp tones with the turn of a knob.
Oxfordshire, UK (August 16, 2019) -- Origin Effects have just released the RevivalDRIVE Compact, a single channel overdrive designed to accurately recreate a range of British and American non master volume valve amp tones.
The RevivalDRIVE Compact condenses the groundbreaking circuit design of the original dual channel RevivalDRIVE into a smaller, more pedalboard friendly package. Equipped with a streamlined set of wide ranging controls, this new pedal promises to make the RevivalDRIVE’s awe some array of amp like tones more accessible and affordable than ever before.
Launched in 2018 to universal acclaim, the RevivalDRIVE houses a complete valve amp style signal path recreated in analogue electronics, with comprehensive controls that let you explore a wealth of different amp characteristics.
“We designed the RevivalDRIVE to be as flexible as possible,” says Origin Effects founder Simon Keats. “The response we’ve had from players has been phenomenal, but we also know that not everyone wants to deal with that many knobs and switches! With the RevivalDRIVE Compact, we set out to design a pedal with the same sophisticated circuitry on the inside, but a simplified set of controls on the outside that would make it quick and easy to dial in a real ly great sound.”
In addition to the same amp style circuit topology, the new RevivalDRIVE Compact features several controls lifted directly from the full sized RevivalDRIVE. These include the Lows control, which lets you overdrive or tighten up the low end , and the More/Presence control, which varies negative feedback around the pedal’s power amp stage, changing the level of touch sensitivity from Plexi, through to Fender, and VOX style amps. The Blend knob, which mixes the dry and overdriven signals togeth er, has been tweaked to provide more musical results by gently reducing gain as you add in the guitar’s natural tone, while the brand new Highs knob condenses the original RevivalDRIVE’s multiple preamp voicing modes into a single, continuous control.
The RevivalDRIVE Compact also features a simplified yet powerful Post Drive EQ section, designed to tailor the output of the pedal to suit the voicing of the amp you’re plugging into, as well as flat response power amps, mixers and recording interfaces.
The RevivalDRIVE Compact is a versatile overdrive that captures the authentic tone, feel and response of a range of classic non-master volume valve amps.
Inside, it houses an unabridged valve amp signal path recreated in analogue electronics, including the preamp, phase inverter, push-pull power amp and rectifier stages plus a speaker-emulating reactive load.
By altering the way these stages behave and interact, the RevivalDRIVE Compact’s user-friendly controls provide instant access to a wealth of British and American amp voicings, from clean to fully cranked, while powerful EQ compensation controls will make sure it sounds great with a wide variety of amps.
- Gain: sets the amount of overdrive
- Output: sets the overall output level
- Blend: adjusts mix from 100% overdrive to 100% dry (clean boost), simultaneously adjusting gain to maintain a musical blend of clean and overdriven signals
- Lows: controls the overdrive’s low-frequency characteristics, from fat and fuzzy Tweed-style distortion to tight and defined British drive
- Highs: provides continuous adjustment through a range of classic Fender- and Marshall-style preamp voicings, progressively increasing mids and highs
- More/Pres (clockwise): above 12 o’clock, functions like the classic Marshall Presence knob, releasing high frequencies from the effects of negative feedback
- More/Pres (counter-clockwise): below 12 o’clock, progressively reduces negative feedback around the power amp, increasing gain and altering the pedal’s transition from clean to overdriven in response to playing dynamics
- Post-Drive EQ: three preset EQ curves (flat power amp, Fender Blackface, Marshall) and a continuously adjustable filter adapt the pedal’s output to suit your clean amp settings
Watch the company's video demo:
For more information: