Bogner's Alchemist spins your tone into gold.
Bogner amps are all built on the same principles; quality craftsmanship through sophisticated arrangement of simple circuits, currents, metal and wood. The end result is a versatile amp with numerous effects and tonal options, not to mention meticulous controls. All of this combined allows players ultimate authority over their sound. And the Alchemist is no different.
The new Alchemist features a matched pair of 6L6 power tubes and five 12AX7/ ECC83 tubes in the preamp. Also included on all Alchemist models are two channels; Gold—channel one—and Mercury—channel two. The Gold (left) features a clean start and gears up simmering tones as the CRUNCH switch is enabled. The Crunch channel breaks up like a Tweed, but has bottom end similar to a Hiwatt®—a great rhythm or blues channel. The Mercury picks up from there, offering crunchier rhythms and lead tones from the famous white-hot Bogner gain. Both channels have knobs for Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume so you customize each channel.
- 1x12 or 2x12 open-back Combo, Head, 2x12 open-back Extension Cabinet
- Switchable 20-watt variac mode
- Crunch mode and Deep switch—adds low mid depth and bottom end (channel 1)
- Mid Shift—allows for more intricate tone adjustments at varying volumes (channel 2)
- Punch Switch—switches between Fenderstyle and British-flavored tones (channel 2)
- Bright Switch for both channels
- Shared in parallel; Reverb Type, Reverb Level, Delay Type, Delay Level, Delay Repeats (Feedback), Tap Tempo
- Premium Celestion® speakers
- Four-button footswitch included: Channel Select, Boost, Delay, Reverb
Whether you’re looking for some ear-splitting crunch, a sweet touch of the Brown sound or classic cleans of a Fender amp, it all can be found under the hood of Bogner’s latest creation, the Alchemist. Like all its other predecessors, each Alchemist has Reinhold’s stamp of approval and signature configurations. With all of his sweat, time and hard work invested in the project, Reinhold can only wish one thing upon plugging into his latest amplifier.
“I hope it will inspire you.”