Nashville, TN (July 15, 2017) -- 3rd Power is excited to debut its new line of electric guitar pickups, an overdrive pedal, and innovative Mag-FRAG humbucking pickups at Summer NAMM. The new Clear-Series pickup sets for S-style, T-style, and humbucker-equipped guitars have a balanced frequency range and dynamic response making it easier to dial in your guitar tone to fit in the mix. With the new Roosevelt Drive pedal, guitarists will find a transparent amp-like overdrive with 3-band EQ for shaping or refining the feel and character of your instrument without the drive effect taking over your tone.
Mag-FRAG: A PAF-styled pickup that's well, Patent Pending!
Three new pickup models, Mag-FRAG Classic (bridge and neck) and Mag-FRAG Starwood feature Mag-FRAG technology, a breakthrough approach to pickup design that uses multiple Alnico magnet fragments to deliver greater clarity, harmonics and balanced note definition. Instead of a typical single bar magnet, MagFrag uses three separate magnet fragments with different material formulation, construction and magnetic strength optimized for each pair of strings as follows: Alnico II (E and B), Alnico IV (G and D), and Alnico V (A and E). With Mag-FRAG technology, Mag-FRAG Classic and Starwood pickups make your guitar more responsive improving touch-sensitivity, dynamic range and frequency response. Mag-FRAG pickups are ideally suited for any setup and especially more complex signal chains and longer cable runs. Whether recording or performing live, digital amp setups also benefit by having an enhanced representation of the guitar breathing more life into the signal at the input source thus reducing the need for additional make-up processing later on. “I've been on the ultimate quest for tone ever since I touched my first guitar and over these past eight years, 3rd Power has allowed me to immerse myself to greater depths of tone creation than I could have possibly imagined,” says Jamie Scott, 3rd Power's founder and designer. Adds Jamie, “After designing over 35 different amps and cabinets and earning three patents during this time, I naturally developed some ideas on improving performance in other areas of the signal chain. With the addition of pickups and pedals, I believe we're getting much closer to fulfilling my vision of helping guitarists create the best tone possible with their hands.”
- Top grade Alnico magnets and vintage-correct enamel coated wire (all models)
- Mag-FRAG Classic models for drop-in enhanced vintage style upgrades
- Mag-FRAG Starwood model for scorching “brownsound” tone seekers
- Built, assembled and hand soldered in the USA
- Advanced winding techniques deliver highly consistent and trouble free coils
- 4-conductor, braided shield and cloth covered wiring available as appropriate
- Cosmetic options include colored bobbins and various nickel covers and finishes
- Fine vintage examples were referenced during the design process
Street prices for pickups start around $219 for Clear-TELE sets, $279 for Clear-STRAT sets, $309 for Clear-BUCKER sets, and $379 for Mag-FRAG sets. The Starwood and Mag-FRAG Classic neck and bridge are available individually starting at $199. Pickup sets will begin shipping immediately following the Namm Show.
The Roosevelt Drive: '80s MOSFET Inspiration
The Roosevelt Drive pedal represents Jamie's take on a classic vintage ’80s MOSFET overdrive pedal, the Mostortion. The Roosevelt Drive possesses the spirit of this classic drive pedal but now with feel and headroom that's less like a pedal and more like one of Jamie’s amplifier creations.
Roosevelt Drive Features
- Through-hole construction
- Critical amp-style components
- 3-Band EQ (Controls include: Drive, Level, Bass, Middle and Treble)
- Soft-touch Foot-switch for True-Bypass Operation
- Top mounting Input, Output and Power Jacks
- Original and modern rehoused units were referenced
Street prices for the Roosevelt Drive will start around $199. Anticipated ship date is September 31.
For more information: