Oklahoma City, OK (June 1, 2020) -- In August of 2016, Walrus Audio announced the dynamic 385 Overdrive delivering a uniquely powerful take on how we think about Overdrive. After taking a long break to develop modulation and wet effects, Walrus is back in 2020 with a massively versatile overdrive standing at the ready for any amp and pickup combination that is thrown at it. An overdrive with innovative features that can stand on its own and stack well with other drives. From clean, sparkly and smooth gain to thick compressed overdrive, the Ages is ready to stand its ground and convey an unforgettable sound.
The Ages features a five-position rotary knob offers the following gain states:
- I. Low-gain mode with symmetric silicon soft clipping. Compressed and smooth.
- II. Low-gain mode with symmetric LED soft clipping. Pushed, open, and sparkly.
- III. High-gain mode with symmetric silicon soft clipping. Increased saturation and tight.
- IV. High-gain mode with symmetric LED soft clipping. Saturated, punchy and big.
- V. High-gain mode with symmetric silicon hard clipping. Heavy compression, thick and chewy.
Think of each position as a different “flavor” of the pedal. Fine-tune each of these gain states with the dry knob for a near infinite supply of gain options.
The Ages comes in an “olive green” enclosure with white, cream and black ink. Artwork features a mythical three trunked warrior elephant ready to charge in victorious battle. The enclosure’s exact size is 4.77 x 2.9 x 2.3 inches. Power requirements are 9VDC, center negative (100mA minimum).
Walrus Audio is offering The Ages for a retail price of $199 and is available now at walrusaudio.com and with our authorized dealers all over the world.
Watch the company's demo:
For more information: