This new model draws inspiration from the original Montgomery Wards student guitars of the 1960’s, but is delivered in the form of a professional grade modern instrument.
Toronto, Canada (June 3, 2011) -- Second in a series of new Airline models slated for 2011 is the Airline Bighorn. This new model draws inspiration from the original Montgomery Wards student guitars of the 1960s, but is delivered in the form of a professional grade modern instrument.
At first glance it appears to be a short scale guitar, however it is a full Fender scale length of 25 Â½". The stripped down Bighorn features the popular Airline Argyle Diamond pickups, 3-way switching, dual volume / tone controls and a fixed adjustable bridge. Its simple design has a solid basswood body and a maple bolt-on neck with the raised metal Airline logo on the headstock. It is available in Green, Red and Sunburst. Deluxe Airline hardshell cases are also available.
- Colours: Green, Sunburst, Red
- Body: Basswood
- Neck: Bolt-on Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, Dot Markers
- Scale Length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
- Width at Nut: 1 5/8"
- Pickups: Two Airline Vintage Argyle Diamonds
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- Bridge: Tele Style 3-way Adjustable
- Hardware: Vintage Kluson Style Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario #10
- Case: Extra
- Unique Features: '60s style, '60s tone
- MSRP: $519
Source: Press Release