Fuchs Audio Technology Unveils the ODS Classic Series
The ODS Classic represents the culmination of over 15 years of accumulated ideas and a steady flow of suggestions from Fuchs customers.
Clifton, NJ (December 7, 2016) -- Available in 50-watt and 100-watt models in both head only and 1x12 combo versions, the ODS Classic represents the culmination of over 15 years of accumulated ideas and a steady flow of suggestions from Fuchs customers, as well as Andy’s own personal quest to advance our products beyond the many clones and homage products in the market today.
The original ODS was one of Fuchs’ most highly successful products. Embracing the legendary 4-stage preamp architecture of the original design, the ODS Classic adds a full function effects loop, a killer reverb, greater foot switch options and best of all , reliable, repeatable, solid construction backed by a five year warranty.
With the new ODS Classic Fuchs has enhanced the original ODS and has elevated the platform to a whole new performance level. Designed side-by- side with the new ODS-II, the Classic has benefited from many of the design enhancements developed for our top of the line flagship amp.
- Preamp architecture based on two 12AX7’s cascaded for the front end configured as a clean channel and a drive channel.
- Input stage features a gain control with a pull boost that is user adjustable and keeps the tone controls working.
- Three position bright switch with two operating points and center off, a deep switch adds enhanced lows and warmth and an EQ switch providing two different tone contours and a tone stack bypass for an additional gain boost.
- The boosts may be used together on clean or dirt channels to provide an overdriven clean channel as well as a wider range of overdrives than any previous or similar style amp.
- The tube effects loop is the original Fuchs loop from the ODS TDS Clean Machine amps and uses a 12AX7 as a cathode follower and return amp.
- The power amp uses a 12AX7 as a phase inverter and driver tube and features 2 x 6L6 in the 50-Watt and 4 x 6L6 in the 100-W model.
- All models can run 6L6’s or El-34’s with a simple re-bias. Power tubes each have a separate bias pot per tube and test point per tube.
- Our reverb is based on a chip designed by the late Keith Barr a founder of Alesis
- Rear panel Ethernet connector for the footswitch which controls both gain boosts, the mid boost and channel switching. The optional 6-way artist adds reverb mute and either a loop bypass or power amp mute at the customer’s request.
- 3 speaker jacks: 4 ohms, 8 ohms and 16 ohms.
- We use exclusively American made transformers by Heyboer and Classic Tone in these amps.
- The chassis is fan cooled aircraft grade aluminum. The DC fan has a switch for high, off and low speed operation.
- Custom 50 and 100-W models include a half power switch.
All models are available in all global voltages, and are CE and RoHs compliant. Amps carry a five year warranty on everything except tubes.
The Classic Series amps are in production and will ship in January 2017. See any authorized Fuchs Audio technology Dealer for details, or check our site.
With pricing beginning at $2,795, there has never been a more cost-effective way to get your hands on that classic ODS tone.
For more information: