Dual-material speaker cones warm and tough
Hauppauge, NY (December 29, 2007) – Known for breaking new ground in bass amplification technology, Hartke has done it again -- this time fusing paper and aluminum in their latest line of cabinets. Part of the new HyDrive series, these speakers bridge the gap between high power and great tone.
HyDrive is a brand new speaker design that is the result of more than three years of development. The technological advancements of the HyDrive system include a fusion of paper and aluminum cones, providing the best of both worlds for today’s bass players.
With HyDrive technology you get the warmth of traditional paper, with the punch and attack of aluminum. The patented Hybrid Cone Technology uses an outer paper cone for low, deep frequencies and an inner aluminum cone that produces punchy, articulate mids and highs. Using neodymium magnets and a cast aluminum frame, each HyDrive speaker weighs 40% less than a traditional bass speaker, yet handles 250 watts of power for the best power to weight ratio of any speaker available.
"These days, musicians want versatility," says Stu Hamm, a Hartke endorsee. "Contemporary bassists are looking for products that won’t limit their style of music. We want power, we want tone, we want punch and we want control over all of it. The HyDrive speakers offer great sound and the amps provide complete control over your tone. From heavy-metal to jazz or anything in between, HyDrive has you covered."
The Rule of Three - Hartke’s new HyDrive line comes in threes: 3 cabinets, 3 amps and 3 combos.
- The HX115 offers one 15" 500 watt HyDrive hybrid cone speaker
- The HX410 has four 10" 250 watt HyDrive hybrid cone speakers with power handling of 1,000 watts
- The HX810 cabinet has eight 10" 250 watt HyDrive hybrid cone speakers for 2,000 watts of power handling
Each cabinet has a 1" Titanium compression driver for extended range and is equipped with a high-frequency attenuation switch as well as 1/4" and Speakon output connectors. The HyDrive cabinets feature stainless steel grills and inset side handles. The HX810 also comes with built-in steel casters and a diamond kickplate, while the HX410 and HX115 each come with four removable steel casters for easier transport.
- The Kilo offers two separate power blocks that deliver a true 1,000 watts in bridged mono or 500 watts per side in either stereo or dual mono. It also boasts a 10-band graphic EQ, Tube EQ, 1/4" and Speakon output connectors, Shape Control, Bass Attack Overdrive and a host of other features for a combination of great power with absolute control over your tone. Featuring a three-rackspace chassis, milled aluminum faceplate and oversized handles, bassists can travel with the assuredness that the Kilo is totally roadworthy.
- The LH500 features 500 watts of power.
- The LH1000 harnesses 1000 watts of juice.
Both the LH500 and the LH1000 have a 12AX7 Class-A tube front-end design for warm tone with an edge along with a two-rackspace metal frame chassis, steel faceplates and handles for easy toting from gig to gig.
Hartke HyDrive combos are lightweight and versatile enough for live performance needs while giving you the tonal control you expect. Based on the classic design of the original KickBack, all three combos offer 250 watts of clean, linear power that will handle virtually any active bass.
- The HyDrive 112c is equipped with a single 12" hybrid cone speaker
- The HyDrive 115c has a single 15" hybrid cone speaker
- The HyDrive 210c has dual 10" hybrid cone speakers.
All three HyDrive combos have a 1" Titanium compression driver for extended high frequency range and are equipped with 7-band graphic EQ, bass and treble contour controls, Shape Control and Bass Attack Overdrive. An effects loop, footswitch jack and XLR balanced direct output are also onboard. All three have the same solid plywood construction and extensive bracing as the larger HyDrive cabinets.
The HyDrive series of cabinets and combos offers the power and tone for any performance or recording application in any style of music. The Kilo and LH amplifiers perfectly complement the HyDrive cabinets, while offering the versatility to work with any cabinet on the market.