Fender Introduces the Mike McCready Stratocaster
Fender unveils a more accessible homage to Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready's prized '60s Stratocaster.
As one of the founding members of Pearl Jam, McCready’s unique style became his signature sound and helped the band to stand out from their contemporaries throughout their long and hugely influential career. Created in close collaboration with McCready, this signature Stratocaster guitar pays tribute to his unique blues-inspired style and serves as a testament to his extraordinary artistry and sonic finesse. Built in Ensenada, Mexico, this signature guitar marks the second collaboration with the award winning guitarist following his Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Mike McCready Stratocaster released in 2021.
The Mike McCready Stratocaster features a hand-crafted, heavily Road Worn lacquer finish over an alder body, recreating the battle scars Mike’s own Strat has earned over three decades of grueling, sold-out tours and legendary performances. The comfy 9.5” radius slab rosewood fingerboard on a slim “C” maple neck are shaped to match McCready’s treasured 1960 Strat, while the custom Mike McCready Stratocaster pickups are voiced to replicate Mike’s vintage single-coils for the same timeless tone, passion and energy that define his signature sound. The vintage-style synchronized tremolo, bent-steel saddles and cold-rolled steel block ensure the purest Fender tone and performance.
- Custom Pickups: This custom pickup set is voiced to sound like his beloved 1960 Stratocaster. Warm and articulate, this custom pickup set nails McCready’s signature tone and sounds great for any style of music.
- Signature Finish: Alder body provides the classic Fender tonewood while the Road Worn finish adds the nuances of a well traveled vintage guitar.
- Neck Construction: The neck is carved to match his 1960 Strat and is reminiscent of the most popular neck shapes in Fender’s catalog, designed for comfort and performance.
- Vintage Tremolo: The six-point tremolo offers proper intonation, full adjustability and easy access to cool vibrato sounds.
- Fingerboard Radius: This radius is slightly flatter than a vintage-style radius but with enough arc for comfortable chording and easier note bending.
Exploring the Mike McCready Stratocaster | Artist Signature Series | Fender
- State of the Stomp: Building Chris Cornell’s Cannonballs ›
- Mike Campbell's The Dirty Knobs Releases Video Teaser and Announces 2021 Tour Dates ›
- Interview: Mike McCready on Mad Season Reissue and New Pearl Jam ›