Based on the award-winning California Tweed 6V6 4:40, Mesa/Boogie offers the essence of tweed-based performance and 6V6 character in a new, more compact format.
Mesa/Boogie announces three new releases in the storied California Tweed series with the addition of the California Tweed 6V6 2:20 in 1X12 Combo, 1X10 Combo, and the compact 2:20 Head, all hand-crafted in their Petaluma, CA shop. Based on the award-winning California Tweed 6V6 4:40, MESA has distilled the essence of tweed-based performance and authentic 6V6 character in a new, more compact format.
A quick glance at the front panel of the California Tweed 2:20 reveals single-channel simplicity. Channel features include Normal & Low Inputs, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb, & Master Controls. MESA’s legendary vintage all-tube, spring reverb with external reverb switching jack and a fully buffered, tube-driven series FX loop.
The California Tweed 2:20 is powered by 2x 6V6 Power Tubes while the preamp features 5x12AX7 and 1x12AT7 preamp tubes. MESA’s patented Incremental Multi-Watt (Patent 9,917,560) Power Amp, featuring Duo-Class (Patent 7,173,488) and Dyna-Watt technologies, provides three power levels, two operating-classes, and three wiring options via a single 3-Way Rotary Switch. The following power options are featured:
- 20 Watts - 2x6V6 Class A/B Pentode – Fixed Bias
- 10 Watts - 2x6V6 Class A/B Triode – Fixed Bias
- 1 Watt - 1x6V6 Pentode, Single-Ended Class A – Cathode Bias
- Maintenance-free, Fixed Bias (20 and 10-Watt Modes) and Cathode Bias (1-Watt Mode) both provide consistent, maintenance-free performance.
California Tweed 6V6 2:20 | MESA/Boogie
The MESA/Boogie California Tweed Series is available now at authorized Mesa/Boogie dealers and on www.MESABoogie.com.
- Vintage Vault: Late-'70s Mesa/Boogie Mark I and Mark II Combos ... ›
- Builder Profile: Mesa/Boogie - Premier Guitar ›
- Mesa/Boogie Electra-Dyne Head Review - Premier Guitar ›