Source Audio Introduces the Soundblox 2 Orbital Modulator and Soundblox Pro Poly-Mod Filter
Woburn, MA (January 22, 2013) – In February 2013 Source Audio will release the Soundblox 2 Orbital Modulator. This is a super-compact, durable, and highly flexible multi-effects pedal with
Woburn, MA (January 22, 2013) – In February 2013 Source Audio will release the Soundblox 2 Orbital Modulator. This is a super-compact, durable, and highly flexible multi-effects pedal with a dynamic collection of precision-engineered phaser, flanger, chorus, and tremolo effects. The Soundblox 2 form factor provides rack-mount power is a pedalboard friendly cast aluminum housing with 2 user presets, true or buffered bypass, and MIDI capabilities.
The Orbital Modulator delivers a vast collection of effect possibilities including multi-voiced choruses, through zero flange, rotary speaker simulation, variable notch phasers and much more. Its nine adjustable parameters include DEPTH, FEEDBACK, DELAY, FREQUENCY, VOLUME, LoRETAIN, TREMOLO, MIX, and SPEED. The pedal's modulation can be controlled either internally or externally: sine and square wave LFO plus forward and reverse Envelope Followers offer vibrant internal modulation, while the pedal's compatibility with MIDI control signals, the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal, or any of our Hot Hand motion sensor rings provides precise external control.
The Orbital Mod will cost approximately $169.
Features & Specs
• Diverse Sound Palette — Featuring 3 Chorus, 3 Flangers, 2 Resonator Flangers, 5 Phasers and Tremolo.
• Compact, cast aluminum housing.
• 2 User Presets easily recalled via two footswitches.
• 9 Adjustable Parameters — Depth, Delay, Frequency, Feedback, Volume, LoRetain, Tremolo, Mix, and Speed.
• 6 Modulation Sources — Sine Wave LFO, Square Wave LFO, Envelope Follower, Hot Hand, Expression Pedal, and MIDI.
• Multi-function In — use the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal or any of the Hot Hand Motion Sensors for on-the-fly control over modulation or any of the 9 adjustable parameters.
• Universal Bypass — selectable buffered or true bypass.
• MIDI Capable — the Multi-function In jack also allows MIDI access to presets and parameters.
• State-of-the-art DSP — Our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
• 9V DC power supply included
• Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 4.5 in./11.4cm x H: 2.25 in./5.7cm (including knobs).
The Soundblox Pro Poly-Mod Filter features all the power and functionality of our award winning Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter with specifically voiced effects, perfectly suited to guitar and keyboard. This meticulously engineered "stompbox supreme" provides exceptional flexibility, control, and sonic diversity, fulfilling all your envelope filter, wah-wah, and dubstep needs.
The Poly-Mod Filter's 23 filter effects include multiple variations on 2 and 4 Pole Low Pass, Single Peak, Triple Peak, Peak & Notch, and Phaser. Each filter is controllable via envelope follower (i.e. auto-wah), variable wave shape LFO (Low Frequency Oscillation), expression pedal, or our own Hot Hand® effect controllers. It includes a variety of adjustable parameters including positive/negative filter sweeps, sweep range, attack and decay speed, frequency range, LFO rate (with tap tempo), and Q. Three footswitches and two preset banks hold six easily accessed user presets.
Features & Specs
• 23 Filter Sounds including 2-Pole Low Pass, 4-Pole Low Pass, Single Peak, Triple Peak, Peak & Notch, and Phasers.
• Positive and Negative filter sweep with variable range and sensitivity.
• Wet/Dry Mix knob featuring our signature low-end preserving algorithm Lo-Retain.
• 4 modulation sources including envelope, LFO, expression pedal and Hot Hand.
• Tap tempo speed control for LFO.
• State-of-the-art DSP—Our proprietary 56-bit Digitial Signal Processor, the SA601, and crystal clear 24-bit converters.
• 6 user presets—Easy to configure user presets in two banks selectable via 3 footswitches for quick access of your favorite sounds.
• 7-Band Equalizer—Ultra-precise 7-band equalizer for in-depth tone control saved per preset.
• Extended Control—An expression input allows for control of a wide variety of pedal parameters. A MIDI input also allows external access to presets and parameters.
• Motion Control—All Soundblox and Soundblox Pro pedals are “Hot Hand Ready” and can be used with any Hot Hand motion sensor to extend the capabilities of the unit.
• Active Analog Bypass—Bypass is fully routed around the DSP and active input ensure zero signal degradation.
• 9V DC power supply included.
• Dimensions: 7 in./17.8 cm (length not including I/O jacks) x 6 in./15.25 cm (width) x 2 in./5 cm (height, including knobs).
For more information: