Supercool Pedals Releases The Thneed
With its whimsical and nostalgic enclosure (a nod to Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax), the Thneed is a no-nonsense take on the legendary Klon transparent overdrive circuit.
Supercool Pedals has unveiled its newest pedal, TheThneed, a remarkably versatile klone with some new tricks, plenty of customization, and an eye-catching design.
With its whimsical and nostalgic enclosure (a nod to Dr. Seuss’s The Lorax), the Thneed is a no-nonsense take on the legendary Klon transparent overdrive circuit. The Thneed offers a more aggressive saturation and dynamic sound for guitarists who are tired of run-of-the-mill klones.
In addition to its muscular sonic approach, The Thneed welcomes and challenges tone-chasers with several options that enhance the pedal’s flexibility. For starters, the external control panel includes a 2-position toggle switch, labeled “Unless”, for increasing the pedal’s bass saturation and beefing up overall tone.
The Thneed also offers a pair of important options via internal dip-switches; the first selects between high and low gain modes, and the second allows the user to choose between four distinct clipping diodes -- silicon, LED, Schottky, and classic germanium – to achieve their own ideal drive sound. These gain settings and four clipping modes provide sound options and alternatives that can satisfy the finickiest of overdrive connoisseurs and the greediest of Oncelers.
The pedal also includes an internal dip-switch for selecting True Bypass or Buffered Bypass modes.
- Three pink knobs for your standard overdrive controls: Gain, Treble, and Volume, plus a unique bass/saturation toggle labeled with the Lorax’s ominous last word: Unless
- Select between four distinct clipping diodes: silicon, LED, Schottky, and classic germanium
- Two distinct internally selectable gain modes Both True Bypass and Buffered Bypass modes
- 9-volt DC power via external supply – no battery compartment
- Simplified internal circuit design with no troublesome charge pump for an overall quieter Klon
The Thneed is the 6th installment of the Supercool “vice” series pedals and has a street price of $229 CAD (around $169) and is available for purchase with worldwide shipping through Supercool Pedals as well as in select small independent Canadian retailers.
For more information, please visit supercoolpedals.ca.