Redlands, CA (August 14, 2018) -- The sidewinding Zen Blade is balanced, meditative, and at one with the face of the musical universe. From dramatic lines to simple chords, the spectrum of sonic access this pickup has, is somehow enlightening.
Zen Blade’s continuous sensing blade offers a multitude of loyal characteristics: its uncompromising tone refuses the threat of depletion all across the fret board, while its steady impedance gives way to a personality so even and temperate you might just find yourself saying goodbye to your old trusty compressor.
One of its finest qualities is that the difference between its parallel and series personalities is subtle, creating a dimension of versatility where the player may comfortably fit their tone in the mix between many different genres—Jazz, Country, and Rock being its best contenders. Wired in parallel, the pickup delivers a broad range of character, with its even, clear, and articulate nature manifesting in its purest form. In series, the aperture narrows, causing the tone to become a bit thicker, a little bit bolder, while still retaining the even and clear quality inherent to the pickup.
- Classic sidewinder-style pickup
- Uniform magnetic field—Ceramic bar magnet
- Available as single neck or bridge pickup, or as a set.
- Flat, slotted, steel blade.
- Available in standard black soapbar covers.
- 19mm maximum pitch
- Laser cut vulcanized bobbins.
- Wax-potted to contain any unruly frequency that may attempt to desecrate your desired tone.
- Available in Bartolini® BC and EMG35® sizes
Extensively designed, tested and built in the Nordstrand shop in Redlands, California, these pickups are available online and at select dealers. Available in 4-, 5-, and 6-string versions. Street prices start at $216 per set.
For more information: