New York, NY (November 24, 2009) -- On December 3, Christie’s will offer The Country Music Sale, the first sale dedicated to the creation, history, and evolution of Country Music. There will be an exclusive media performance with the swingin' Li'l Mo and the Monicats playing instruments from The Country Music Sale.
* Johnny Cash: Fender Malibu, circa 1965, signed I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die, est. $40,000-60,000
* Buddy Holly: Gibson guitar, circa 1942-43, with hand-tooled leather cover and strap, est. $450,000-550,000
* Waylon Jennings: Fender Broadcaster, circa 1950, with black and white leather cover, est. $80,000-120,000
* Bill Monroe: Infamous headstock face-plate to the 1923 F-5 “Lloyd Loar” mandolin, est. $5,000-7,000
* Hank Williams: C.F. Martin & Company 1947 D-18 guitar, est. $100,000-150,000
Click hereto see all of the items up for auction.
For more information:
- Rig Rundowns
- Pro Advice