Dunlop Unveils the MXR Mini Iso-Brick Power Supply, MXR Vintage Bass Octave, and Way Huge Purple Platypus Octidrive
The Purple Platypus Octidrive MkII aims to combine the burly, buttery tones and amp-clobbering gain of the Red Llama Overdrive with a frequency doubler that creates an octave-up effect.
Benicia, CA (November 16, 2018) -- The MXR Mini Iso-Brick Power Supply supplies quiet, noise-free DC power to wide range of pedal types while taking up less space than a candy bar. Whether you need a space-saving solution for your downsized travel board or you just need to power a small, carefully curated selection of tried-and-true staples, this little box has what you need. First, let’s talk outputs. The Mini Iso-Brick Power Supply has five, and each is fully isolated to eliminate obnoxious, gig-ending ground loop noise. Four of the outputs supply 9 volts of power at 300mA, while a fifth can be set to provide either 9 volts or 18 volts at 800mA depending on your needs. With a generous amount of current on tap and the ability to handle both negative and positive grounds, these outputs will accommodate almost any pedal, analog or digital. And don’t let the five outputs restrict you—if you need to add an extra pedal, the Mini Iso-Brick Power Supply has you covered. It comes with a splitter cable that can be used to connect two pedals to a single output, provided they require the same voltage and you don’t exceed the output’s current rating. You can do this with all of the outputs simultaneously—just purchase the extra cables to do so. Finally, troubleshooting can be a hassle on dark stages, so the Mini Iso-Brick Power Supply comes equipped with LEDs to let you know that all your connections are solid. Combine that with a lightweight housing that's built like a tank, and you can step on stage with confidence that your pedalboard will stay powered from gig to gig.
- Supplies quiet, noise-free DC power to wide range of pedal types
- Takes up less space than a candy bar
- Equipped with five fully isolated outputs to eliminate obnoxious, gig-ending ground loop noise
- Four 9V outputs with one switchable 9V/18V output
- Handles both negative and positive grounds
- Enough current to accommodate almost any pedal, analog or digital
- Includes splitter cable to connect two pedals to a single output
- LEDs let you know all your connections are solid
- MSRP: $142.84
- Street: $99.99
The MXR Vintage Bass Octave upgrades the warm analog sub-bass vibes of a classic circuit with superior tracking, cleaner headroom, and the versatility that modern players demand. This pedal delivers an impressive range of smooth, musical sounds—from a tone-thickening growl to chest-rumbling dub tones—all in the space-saving MXR mini housing. The voice of the Vintage Bass Octave is rich and throaty, and it comes in two forms—one octave down and two octaves down. Each can be dialed in separately with the Oct 1 and Oct 2 volume controls, and with a Dry volume control to dial in your clean signal, you can concoct just the right blend for your rig. For extra clarity and definition, use the Mid switch to boost your clean signal’s midrange at 800Hz by +6dB. Want even more of a boost? Just remove the bottom plate and adjust the internal trimpot to kick it up as high as +13dB. Finally, this pedal comes equipped with Constant Headroom Technology™, a custom circuit that provides clean, crystal clear headroom by producing 18-volts from a 9-volt power source. The Vintage Bass Octave is a pedalboard-friendly must-have for bass players who want to plumb the sonic depths of their instrument.
- Based on a classic sub-octave circuit
- Go from a tone-thickening growl to chest-rumbling dub tones
- Updated for superior tracking, quieter performance, and cleaner headroom
- Separate volume controls for one-octave-down, two-octave-down, and clean signals
- Mid switch boosts clean signal’s midrange at 800Hz by up to +13dB
- Constant Headroom Technology for clean, crystal clear headroom
- Pedalboard-friendly MXR mini housing
- Includes Dunlop ECB003 9-volt AC Adapter
- MSRP: $228.55
- Street: $159.99
Another classic returns to the Way Huge bestiary! Just like the original, the Purple Platypus Octidrive MkII combines the burly, buttery tones and amp-clobbering gain of the Red Llama Overdrive with a frequency doubler that creates an octave-up effect. Unlike most octave-up pedals, though, this amphibious stompbox cleans up nicely—you can take it from eerie ring modulator style effects to downright massive octave fuzz. In addition to the original Volume and Drive controls, the MkII comes with a Hi-Cut control so that you can shape and season the sonic wizardry to your own taste. Want to sound like a sitar? Just switch to your bridge pickup and pluck away at your strings right where they come off your bridge. Dynamic and touch-sensitive, the Purple Platypus Octidriver MkII is packed with symphonic potential.
- Combines burly, buttery tones of the Red Llama OD with a gnarly octave-up effect
- Dynamic and touch-sensitive
- Take your sound from eerie ring modulator sounds to downright massive octave fuzz
- Updated with Hi-Cut control to shape and season your sonic wizardry to taste
- MSRP: $214.27
- Street: $149.99
For more information: