A plugin designed to transcend the limitations of traditional DAW plugins to bring the qualities of analog sound to digital recording.
Simply connect the Big Muff to your DAW by USB, select a track, and open the plug-in window. Instead of software emulation, you have real clipping diodes, overdriving transistors, and nature itself coloring your sound. The analog circuit is pushed over the edge and loses control. The sound you hear is the natural warmth of electromagnetic chaos. The new Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin can even function as a 2-in/2-out USB audio recording interface, which enables the user to record with or without the Big Muff effect engaged.
The Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin can be used as a stand-alone pedal and shares the circuit design of the legendary 1973 Violet Ram’s Head Big Muff. That coveted pedal has set the standard for musical distortion and has been heard on countless classic recordings. It’s renowned for its unmistakable articulation and exceptional sustain, and now it has been updated to be true stereo. It also features Tone Wicker, Tone Bypass, and presets.
- Brings analog warmth and magic to the digital domain. Great on guitar, but also exceptional on keys, drums, vocals, and more
- Integrates seamlessly with all popular DAWs (digital audio workstations) like Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Cubase, GarageBand, Logic Pro X, Reaper and more
- Works like a standard DAW plugin and it can also be used as a stand-alone pedal
- The Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin’s circuit design is straight from the legendary 1973 Violet Ram’s Head Big Muff with some very special updates including true stereo
- A Tone Wicker switch delivers the option of opening up 3 high-frequency filters for extra top-end snarl and bite
- A Tone Bypass button completely removes the tone control for broadband Big Muff slam
- Ten footswitch-accessible presets let you dial in and recall your favorite Big Muff sounds
- Provides the added versatility and enhanced functionality of a 2-in/-2-out USB audio recording interface… record with or without the Big Muff effect engaged
- Comes with an EHX 9Volt power supply and can also be powered via its USB 2.0 Type B port
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Hardware Plugin
Priced at $329.90. For more information, please visit ehx.com.
- Electro-Harmonix 5MM Review - Premier Guitar ›
- Electro-Harmonix Green Russian Big Muff Review - Premier Guitar ›
- Electro-Harmonix Bad Stone Review - Premier Guitar ›