Mayfly Introduces the Flat Earth Compressor
The Flat Earth has minimal knob count and feed-forward compression circuitry.
The Mayfly Flat Earth uses Feed-Forward circuitry which determines the amount of compression by analyzing the signal before it’s compressed. Old school compressors (you know: the Red one, the Orange one, the Grey one)use Feed-Back circuitry which looks at the signal after it’s already compressed. This results in noise, pumping, and tone-loss.
Boutique pedals based on older designs try to get around these problems by adding more knobs: blend knobs, tone knobs, etc. According to Mayfly Audio, "The Flat Earth has minimal knob count to allow guitarists to get to ‘wow’ quicker."
- Feed-forward compression circuitry: great compression that’s easy to setup
- No pumping or other compression artifacts
- Very low noise floor, very low distortion
- Level, sustain, and attack controls. That’s all you need
- Full bypass using relays with Fail Safe (automatically switches to bypass if the pedal loses power)
- Cast aluminum enclosure with stunning artwork
- MSRP $149 USD ($199 CAD) direct online
Introducing the MayFly Flat Earth Compressor
For more information, please visit mayflyaudio.com.
- MayFly Audio Releases the My Evil Twin Delay - Premier Guitar ›
- MayFly Introduces the Le Canard Envelope Filter - Premier Guitar ›