A hi-fi design powered by a KT66-powered circuit.
Alamo, CA (November 5, 2019) -- Silktone is excited to announce the new Silktone Amp. Built around a single KT66 output tube and loaded with premium components the Silktone Amp straddles the line between a transparent purist Hi-Fi design and a tonally beautiful workhorse for the guitarist hungry for the best Class A tone available.
No stone was left unturned in the design and selection of parts, all meticulously chosen for sound.
- TAD Tubes: 1 x 7025/12AX7, 2 x 12AT7, 1 x KT66 , 1 x 5AR4/GZ34
- Cathode biased, single-ended true Class-A design putting out 12 Watts
- Hand-wired custom turret board with isolated grounding to promote low noise and dynamics
- SoZo Blue caps, premium resistors and custom Silktone waxed cotton wire used through-out
- Vintage-spec paper wound transformers and choke
- Custom Ceramic or AlNiCo speaker with paper voice-coil co-designed with WGS
- Custom Baltic Birch cabinet sized for a very balanced and punchy tone
- Two modes: “Chiffon” and “Raw Silk”
“Chiffon” mode offers a huge variety of refined tones with it's TMB tone stack with wide-range Mid control. Cut the mid knob way back and you get a nice spongy scooped blackface tone – push the mids and your tone fattens up to the stylings of a bold & dynamic JTM. Push the volume to break up and get a nice harmonically complex & musical overdrive. Click down the tone switch to “Raw Silk” mode to bypass the tone stack for a huge gain boost – you'll get an incredibly sweet and transparent sound at lower volumes showing off the nuances of your guitar and pedals – push the volume and you can get anything from raw heavy crunch to thick layered distortion. All of this with a reverb that is as rich as it is versatile. With the combination of the "Dwell" and "Mix" controls you can get anything from a smooth & gentle echo to a huge drippy surf effect.
Though the amp is also capable of using a 6V6, 6L6 or EL34 output tube without the need to ever re-bias, designer Charles Henry says the KT66 embodies all of the great aspects of those tubes and more with it's smooth highs, sweet mids and huge bottom end offering up the most complex and musical overdrive out of the bunch.
Street price $2199
For more information: