A pair of new stomps that aims to cover British crunch and dark, spitty fuzz.
Wheaton, IL (August 24, 2018) -- Debuting from String Theory EFX are two new all original effects pedals: the KE/64 Overdrive and the Tevatron Fuzz. Each pedal from String Theory EFX is developed in-house and crafted one at a time by hand.
The KE/64 Overdrive is the debut guitar effect pedal from String Theory EFX. Unlike most overdrive pedals on the market today, the KE/64 is an all original circuit that wasn't copied from any other pedals. Inspired by the sound of a cranked up little green British combo amplifier, the KE/64 was designed to keep the original sound of your guitar and amplifier intact while adding a little "something special" to your tone and delivering organic amp like overdrive. The KE/64 can go from a subtle clean boost up to a fantastic low to medium gain overdrive (level of gain depends on the output of the pickups in your guitar) that responds wonderfully to volume knob adjustments and your playing attack. You can use the KE/64 on it's own or stack it with your other favorite overdrive and fuzz pedals for even more fun.
- 100% handwired on perfboard in the U.S.A. No PCBs or SMD parts
- JFET transistor based circuit
- Controls, stomp switch and jacks are all wired using high quality, vintage style cloth covered wire
- Acid etched graphics on raw aluminum by String Theory EFX. You'll never have to worry about these graphics coming off.
- Solid aluminum American made control knobs
- Lifetime Warranty
Watch the KE/64 Overdrive video demo:
Named after the now defunct Tevatron particle accelerator that was located at Fermilab in the suburbs of Chicago. The Tevatron is a unique fuzz circuit inspired by a few classic fuzz pedals, but not a copy of any of them. The Tevatron collides a NOS germanium transistor and a opamp IC chip to create a new fuzz pedal that sounds both classic and new at the same time. With the Bias, Gain and Fuzz controls the Tevatron is able to achieve a wide variety of fuzz tones, from shades of overdrive, smoother dark fuzz up to higher gain ripping spitty fuzz with plenty of volume on tap. There's a little bit of everything inside the Tevatron.
- 100% hand wired on perfboard in the U.S.A. No PCBs or SMD parts
- A hand selected NOS germanium transistor is used in each pedal Controls, stomp switch and jacks are all wired using high quality, vintage style cloth covered wire
- Acid etched graphics on raw aluminum by String Theory EFX. You'll never have to worry about these graphics coming off
- Davies Daka-Ware knobs
- Lifetime Warranty
Watch the Tevatron Fuzz video demo:
Both pedals from String Theory EFX are available now and can be purchased directly from our website www.stringtheoryefx.com. The KE/64 Overdrive is available for $250 and the Tevatron Fuzz is $265.
For more information:
String Theory EFX